Who Eber Said Alarmists Cared About Slow Rates of Temp. Change?
2018-07-06 14:50:32 UTC
And it's sure being proven everywhere this week.
Global "warming", you know, that whole 1°C average global temperature
rise, we've experienced in the last 150 years, is NOTHING new.
When has it gone up that fast before?

<CIA>
Catoni
2018-07-06 16:53:42 UTC
Post by Bret Cahill
And it's sure being proven everywhere this week.
Global "warming", you know, that whole 1°C average global temperature
rise, we've experienced in the last 150 years, is NOTHING new.
When has it gone up that fast before?
<CIA>
1 degree over a century and a half is very slow ....I would actually expect faster coming out of the Little Ice Age.

Why does the planet have to stick to YOUR expectations ? ?

A little bit arrogant and conceited are we? ?
Bret Cahill
2018-07-06 18:02:05 UTC
Post by Catoni
Post by Bret Cahill
And it's sure being proven everywhere this week.
Global "warming", you know, that whole 1°C average global temperature
rise, we've experienced in the last 150 years, is NOTHING new.
When has it gone up that fast before?
<CIA>
<CAP>
Post by Catoni
1 degree over a century and a half is very slow
Here, try again:

When has global temp. gone up that fast before?

<CIA2>
R Kym Horsell
2018-07-06 20:25:24 UTC
Post by Bret Cahill
Post by Catoni
Post by Bret Cahill
And it's sure being proven everywhere this week.
Global "warming", you know, that whole 1^0C average global temperature
Post by Catoni
1 degree over a century and a half is very slow
When has global temp. gone up that fast before?
<CIA2>
Last Tuesenday at 4am! An mebbe 2 and half weeks ago!
--
Household solar by region

State %households with PV

NSW&ACT 10.25
Qld 24.12
SA 25.13
Vic 11.09
Tas 10.72
WA 18.70
NT 6.09
AUS 15.22
Hawaii 12.39

-- <https://reneweconomy.com.au/australia-leads-world-on-household-solar-and-on-coal-89654/>
Catoni
2018-07-06 20:51:50 UTC
The rate of temperature rise varies between warm periods. The Medieval Warm Period, the Roman Warm Period, the Minoan Warm Period, the various Optimun Warm Periods all had different rates of warmth.
There is no “correct” rate of warmth you idiot!!!
Bret Cahill
2018-07-07 03:36:20 UTC

<CIA3>
R Kym Horsell
2018-07-07 04:29:03 UTC
Post by Bret Cahill
Post by Catoni
The rate of temperature rise varies between warm periods.
When has global temp. gone up that fast before?
<CIA3>
Poor hillbillies. They cant apparently count past 2 and you ast
such diffikult questuns. You have a degree in advansed torcha?
--
The Vostok ice core data indicates a typical "end of ice age" transition
occured between 130 and 140 kya.

Around 140 ka temp at Vostok was around -8.5C rel to 1950s temps.

Around 130 ka " " " 2.0C " " ".

I.e. over 10ky the temp increased 10.5C or 0.11 deg C/cent.

From other data we know Vostok is subject to extreme polar amplification
effects. It's very nr 90S and also 4 km above MSL.

The amp effect at Vostok is around 10X global avg temp changes.

IOW the fastest temp change we know about related to the end of major global
glaciation sees temp changes around .011 C/cent -- about 100x slower than
temp changes we've seen associated with fossil burning over the past 200 y.
Catoni
2018-07-07 04:58:54 UTC
Post by R Kym Horsell
Post by Bret Cahill
Post by Catoni
The rate of temperature rise varies between warm periods.
When has global temp. gone up that fast before?
<CIA3>
Poor hillbillies. They cant apparently count past 2 and you ast
such diffikult questuns. You have a degree in advansed torcha?
--
The Vostok ice core data indicates...
STOP RIGHT THERE ! !

Your pal Bret Cahill told me "Greenland is not Global Climate" when I used the Greenland Cores for reference.....

And then you go use Antarctica Vostok cores...... Your pal Cahill will give you shit I m sure in order to be consistant... RIGHT CAHILL ? ?

HEY COMRADE BRET CAHILL... you better jump in and tell your comrade Kimmie Horse smell that Antarctica ain't Global Climate..
Bret Cahill
2018-07-07 19:28:05 UTC
Post by Catoni
Post by R Kym Horsell
Post by Bret Cahill
Post by Catoni
The rate of temperature rise varies between warm periods.
When has global temp. gone up that fast before?
<CIA3>
Poor hillbillies. They cant apparently count past 2 and you ast
such diffikult questuns. You have a degree in advansed torcha?
--
The Vostok ice core data indicates...
STOP RIGHT THERE ! !
OK, now that you twisted my arm (ouch) here's a better question for deniers to dodge:

What natcheral event could send global temps up as fast as today that could slip past all these past proxies of temps?

<CIA>

The cooling ebent must be fast as well because long cool down would appear on the proxy measurements.

For example, if the natcheral ebent involves CO2, i.e., natcheral volcanoes igniting natcheral coal fields then, unless a bunch of CO2 sequestering plants natcherally sprouted over night, natcheral cooling will be slow and will appear in the record.

What "rapid warmin' is natcheral" deniers cannot do is provide any theory for coolin' rapid 'nouf to save the bio sphere.

Sun activity is a natcheral ebent where the entire spike in temps might be missed by the proxies. This deniers could claim that natcheral rapid cooling was on the way.

Why don't deniers try that talking point?

<CIA>