Mass layoffs at Telsa, too many chiefs and not enough indians
Add Reply
Chom Noamsky
2018-06-13 04:19:06 UTC
To be clear, it is not a "profitability drive", it is a
holy-fucking-shit-we're-bleeding-money-like-stuck-pigs-and-we're-gonna-go-tits-up
drive.

***

Tesla said it plans to cut 9% of its workforce as part of a
restructuring intended to reduce costs and boost profitability.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44458264
Paul Aubrin
2018-06-13 05:31:50 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
To be clear, it is not a "profitability drive", it is a
holy-fucking-shit-we're-bleeding-money-like-stuck-pigs-and-we're-gonna-
go-tits-up
Post by Chom Noamsky
drive.
***
Tesla said it plans to cut 9% of its workforce as part of a
restructuring intended to reduce costs and boost profitability.
Boost profitability ? Has Tesla ever been profitable?
Chom Noamsky
2018-06-13 06:04:30 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Chom Noamsky
To be clear, it is not a "profitability drive", it is a
holy-fucking-shit-we're-bleeding-money-like-stuck-pigs-and-we're-gonna-
go-tits-up
Post by Chom Noamsky
drive.
***
Tesla said it plans to cut 9% of its workforce as part of a
restructuring intended to reduce costs and boost profitability.
Boost profitability ? Has Tesla ever been profitable?
No. That's why I say it's really about stanching the profuse bleeding
in order to head-off Chapter 11.
columbiaaccidentinvestigation
or a tar goop company if alberta did nod flip the bill and do some heavy lifting IOW SUBSIDIES!
Chom Noamsky
Wind and solar are massively subsidized by fossil fuels.
Unum
2018-06-13 14:25:01 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
To be clear, it is not a "profitability drive", it is a
holy-fucking-shit-we're-bleeding-money-like-stuck-pigs-and-we're-gonna-go-tits-up
drive.
***
Tesla said it plans to cut 9% of its workforce as part of a restructuring
intended to reduce costs and boost profitability.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44458264
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesla-stocks-shorts/tesla-short-sellers-2-billion-in-the-red-for-june-as-shares-soar-idUSKBN1J82OX

The surging share price for automaker Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) this month has
slammed short-sellers of the stock with more than $2 billion in losses on
paper so far in June, according to financial analytics firm S3 Partners.

“In all of 2017, they (short-sellers) were down $3.4 billion. To lose $2
billion in a month, stands out as one of the biggest losses for a stock that I
have seen,”
Chom Noamsky
If the stock is doing so great, why the mass layoffs?
Unum
Its a few lines up, dimwit. "intended to reduce costs and boost profitability"
Chom Noamsky
2018-06-13 16:29:14 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
[...]
So the stock isn't doing great and Tesla is actually in bad shape?

Yer gonna eat yer own head tryna have it both ways.
Unum
2018-06-13 17:11:04 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
[...]
Its a few lines up, nutjob. "In all of 2017, they (short-sellers) were
down $3.4 billion"

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/12/investing/tesla-model-3-stock-elon-musk/index.html

KeyBanc analyst Brad Erickson said in a report that he expects Tesla to
deliver 30,000 Model 3 cars in the second quarter, and nearly 120,000 for the
full year.
Chom Noamsky
So why the mass layoffs to save the company?
Nobody
2018-06-13 20:42:10 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
[...]
Hmmmm
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/elon-musk-buys-25-million-in-tesla-
stock-amid-layoffs-2018-06-13
Elon Musk buys $25 million in Tesla stock amid layoffs

R Kym Horsell
2018-06-13 20:22:17 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
[...]
By mass layoffs chumsky means ~10% of low-level workers, no managers.
--
How to weigh a pig:
1. Take a sturdy plank and carefully balance it on a sawhorse.
4. Guess the weight of the rocks.
R Kym Horsell
2018-06-13 20:20:42 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
To be clear, it is not a "profitability drive", it is a
holy-fucking-shit-we're-bleeding-money-like-stuck-pigs-and-we're-gonna-go-tits-up
drive.
***
Tesla said it plans to cut 9% of its workforce as part of a restructuring
intended to reduce costs and boost profitability.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44458264
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesla-stocks-shorts/tesla-short-sellers-2-billion-in-the-red-for-june-as-shares-soar-idUSKBN1J82OX
The surging share price for automaker Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) this month has
slammed short-sellers of the stock with more than $2 billion in losses on
paper so far in June, according to financial analytics firm S3 Partners.
Tsk tsk tsk. So sad.
Post by Unum
"In all of 2017, they (short-sellers) were down $3.4 billion. To lose $2
billion in a month, stands out as one of the biggest losses for a stock that I
have seen,"
--
Tesla Inc
NASDAQ: TSLA - 12 Jun., 3:05 pm GMT-4
342.28 USD +10.18 (3.07%) *** up 3.1% ***
6m high: 357.42 on 26 Feb 2018
6m low: 252.48 on 02 Apr 2018

TC PIPELINES LP Common Stock
TSE: TRP - 12 Jun., 2:59 pm GMT-4
54.53 CAD -0.54 (0.98%) *** down 1% ***

Royal Dutch Shell Plc Class A
ETR: R6C - 12 Jun., 5:35 pm GMT+2
29.51 EUR -0.34 (1.16%) *** down 1.2% ***

Gazprom PAO
MCX: GAZP - 11 Jun., 6:47 pm GMT+3
142.28 RUB -1.80 (1.25%) *** down 1.3% ***

Kinder Morgan Cantada Ltd
TSE: KML - 12 Jun., 2:59 pm GMT-4
15.82 CAD -0.21 (1.31%) *** down 1.3% ***

ConocoPhillips
NYSE: COP - 12 Jun., 3:03 pm GMT-4
69.42 USD -1.04 (1.48%) *** down 1.5% ***

BP plc (ADR)
NYSE: BP - 12 Jun., 3:05 pm GMT-4
46.04 USD -1.08 (2.30%) *** down 2.3% ***

Suncor Energy Inc. (USA)
TSE: SU - 12 Jun., 2:58 pm GMT-4
52.52 CAD -1.35 (2.51%) *** down 2.5% ***
JTEM is right
2018-06-13 19:48:21 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
To be clear, it is not a "profitability drive", it is a
holy-fucking-shit-we're-bleeding-money-like-stuck-pigs-and-we're-gonna-go-tits-up
drive.
Which is kind of a shame. The Model 3, given a decent
interior and a shit ton of quality control, would be
an excellent car, the Model s is already cool. Too bad
I couldn't own one even if you gave it to me as I live
in a condo and literally have no place to plug one in,
and they wouldn't allow me to install an outlet...