Climate Change Could Be The Ultimate Civilization Killer
Add Reply
gordo
2018-06-09 18:21:12 UTC
In the face of climate change, deforestation and biodiversity loss,
creating a sustainable version of civilization is one of humanity’s
most urgent tasks. But when confronting this immense challenge, we
rarely ask what may be the most pressing question of all: How do we
know if sustainability is even possible? Astronomers have inventoried
a sizable share of the universe’s stars, galaxies, comets, and black
holes. But are planets with sustainable civilizations also something
the universe contains? Or does every civilization that may have arisen
in the cosmos last only a few centuries before it falls to the climate
change it triggers?
http://www.rochester.edu/newscenter/astrobiology-alien-apocalypse-can-any-civilization-make-it-through-climate-change-322232/

---
http://www.avg.com
Byker
2018-06-09 19:02:27 UTC
It will self-create over time...
$27 TRILLION to PAY for KYOTO
2018-06-09 23:52:45 UTC
Sigh. Yawwwn.
JTEM is right
2018-06-10 03:49:33 UTC
Post by gordo
In the face of climate change, deforestation and biodiversity loss,
creating a sustainable version of civilization is one of humanity’s
most urgent tasks.
The North African Sahara used to be quite verdant,
as did the middle east. There were once mile-tall
mountains of ice covering much of North America
and Europe. Huge land masses once stood where only
ocean is found today -- "Sundaland" jutting out
from southeast Asia being a prime example. Mammoth
remains have been found quite some distance from
the east coast of the United States, where it was
once dry land.

There has never been a time when the human race
has not known climate change. In fact, the entire
evolution of our genus has been confined within
the space of the Quaternary Period, our current
ice age. Not just our species but the genus "Homo"
has never existed outside the rapid & extreme
changes in climate that define this Quaternary
Period that we live in.

You are profoundly ignorant of evolution,
human history & climate science. Everything you
say here, everything you have ever said here
must be judged within the light of your ignorance.

Paul Aubrin
2018-06-10 06:59:26 UTC
Post by gordo
urgent tasks. But when confronting this immense challenge, we rarely ask
what may be the most pressing question of all: How do we know if
sustainability is even possible? Astronomers have inventoried a sizable
share of the universe’s stars, galaxies, comets, and black holes. But
are planets with sustainable civilizations also something the universe
contains? Or does every civilization that may have arisen in the cosmos
last only a few centuries before it falls to the climate change it
triggers?
http://www.rochester.edu/newscenter/astrobiology-alien-apocalypse-can-
any-civilization-make-it-through-climate-change-322232/

If Malthusian greenies succeed in restricting energy use, they will
indeed starve humanity. Their irrational fears are already killing the
technology based civilisation.
Post by gordo
---
http://www.avg.com
This is not an email but a usenet text message.
columbiaaccidentinvestigation
The question was of sustainability you seemed to have missed the mark on this one.
Catoni
2018-06-10 07:53:16 UTC
Post by gordo
In the face of climate change, deforestation and biodiversity loss,
creating a sustainable version of civilization is one of humanity’s
most urgent tasks. But when confronting this immense challenge, we
rarely ask what may be the most pressing question of all: How do we
know if sustainability is even possible? Astronomers have inventoried
a sizable share of the universe’s stars, galaxies, comets, and black
holes. But are planets with sustainable civilizations also something
the universe contains? Or does every civilization that may have arisen
in the cosmos last only a few centuries before it falls to the climate
change it triggers?
http://www.rochester.edu/newscenter/astrobiology-alien-apocalypse-can-any-civilization-make-it-through-climate-change-322232/
---
http://www.avg.com
What is this crap you are peddling? ? Climate Change? ? Seriously ? ? Didn't study much Paleoclimatology yet.. have you ? ?

Even the great I.P.C.C. says we warmed only 0.85 degree C between 1880 - 2012.. And that is coming out of very bad 550 years of cooler time... which was no fun to live through..

You should be WELCOMING a warmer time.
Post by gordo
".. falls to the climate
change it triggers?"
Climate ALWAYS changes... In our case.. it is changing for the better. You should be celebrating..

Your missing alien civiizations... if anything has destroyed them.. it would be either a huge asteroid or comet impact.. or they killed most of themselves off and destroyed their modern tech with nuclear weapons and the survivors are back in a medieval type of existance.
gordo
You never read the article but babble anyway.
Catoni
2018-06-13 17:49:32 UTC
Post by gordo
Post by Catoni
Your missing alien civiizations... if anything has destroyed them.. it would be either a huge asteroid or comet impact.. or they killed most of themselves off and destroyed their modern tech with nuclear weapons and the survivors are back in a medieval type of existance.
You never read the article but babble anyway.
I never said I read the article. Do I have to? No.

I'm replying to the title of the thread: "Climate Change Could Be The Ultimate Civilization Killer"

You DID type that stupid sentence... did't you ? ? ?
k***@gmail.com
2018-06-14 12:14:22 UTC
If it's so important and a threat, instead of your incessant whining, why dont you chumps get on it with some real science.

Beginning with accurate accounting on statistics. Rates now, increasing rate of emissions and quantities.

It is a relevant fact that regardless of anything, no emissions reductions regime can in any way affect emissions, with China, India and world emmisions increasing. And otherwise, to reduce rate of emissions only very slightly increases time until same quantity is emitted.

Of no value in the bid to save the planet for the grandkids.

In any other field, the greenies lackadaisical methodology, statements unsupported by evidence, ommision of the most pertinent and vital facts, and general piss-poor and FALSE presentation, would not be tolerated, and are sufficient grounds to question, intrinsically review and possibly send many of the fraudulent and quack scientists and lawyers to prison.
JTEM is right
2018-06-14 17:13:56 UTC
Post by k***@gmail.com
It is a relevant fact that regardless of anything, no
emissions reductions regime can in any way affect
emissions, with China, India and world emmisions
increasing. And otherwise, to reduce rate of
emissions only very slightly increases time until
same quantity is emitted.
I keep pointing that out: According to the narrative,
the earth already crossed the fossil fuel threshold
back in the 1800s. That, we have to reduce the planet's
emissions to BELOW the level seen more than 100 years
ago, yet none of the so called "Solutions" results in
anything but an INCREASE in emissions!

"But... but... but LOCALLY there was a decrease in
a suburb of Toledo, so that proves you wrong!"

Or...

"But the per capita use fell in Wichita, which
offsets all the new coal plants in China & India
so you're wrong!"

Or, even likely...

"Omg! You love trump and believe in creationism!
Plus you hate polar bears and the environment, and
probably work for a giant oil company but, anyways,
you're dumb because I saw a story online saying
people who deny there's a climate are dumb and this
makes me way smarter than you so I know and you
don't! FASCIST!"

gordo
2018-06-14 18:32:17 UTC
On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 10:49:32 -0700 (PDT), Catoni
Post by Catoni
Post by gordo
Post by Catoni
Your missing alien civiizations... if anything has destroyed them.. it would be either a huge asteroid or comet impact.. or they killed most of themselves off and destroyed their modern tech with nuclear weapons and the survivors are back in a medieval type of existance.
You never read the article but babble anyway.
I never said I read the article. Do I have to? No.
I'm replying to the title of the thread: "Climate Change Could Be The Ultimate Civilization Killer"
You DID type that stupid sentence... did't you ? ? ?
cut and pasted from the article which you never read but babbled
anyway.

---
http://www.avg.com

$27 TRILLION to PAY for KYOTO
Humans lived through the ice-age, nitwit. Warming wouldn't wipe them out.
columbiaaccidentinvestigation
2018-06-10 13:14:46 UTC
Post by gordo
In the face of climate change, deforestation and biodiversity loss,
creating a sustainable version of civilization is one of humanity’s
most urgent tasks. But when confronting this immense challenge, we
rarely ask what may be the most pressing question of all: How do we
know if sustainability is even possible? Astronomers have inventoried
a sizable share of the universe’s stars, galaxies, comets, and black
holes. But are planets with sustainable civilizations also something
the universe contains? Or does every civilization that may have arisen
in the cosmos last only a few centuries before it falls to the climate
change it triggers?
http://www.rochester.edu/newscenter/astrobiology-alien-apocalypse-can-any-civilization-make-it-through-climate-change-322232/
---
http://www.avg.com
The planets provide the shelter, and safe zone to harbor the formation of life. The thin atmosphere shields us keeps us warm, and provides us air to breathe and yet those who want to protect the ecosystems with environmental policies regulations and a move to renewables are demonized from those who fear change or fear loss of future profits.