A staggering amount of dead animal and fish species recorded in the first 12 days of July
gordo
2017-07-14 19:20:26 UTC
Global warming is a bitch.
" A staggering amount of dead animal and fish species recorded in the
first 12 days of July "
The 6th great extinction is on the way. We can help slow down the
process.
http://www.thebigwobble.org/2017/07/another-week-on-paradise-staggering.html

---
http://www.avg.com
Kym Horsell
2017-07-14 19:57:53 UTC
Post by gordo
Global warming is a bitch.
" A staggering amount of dead animal and fish species recorded in the
first 12 days of July "
The 6th great extinction is on the way. We can help slow down the
process.
http://www.thebigwobble.org/2017/07/another-week-on-paradise-staggering.html
I've dropped in a couple times to the backdoor "database" to the big wobble --
some Xtian "end times" group.

As I mentioned one time, they may be a fringe religious group but they keep good records. :)

From their collection 2011-(now)2017 we can cull the year/month of each mass
death they list.

Big surprise -- there is a high correlation between global temps and
the number of events per month in the list.

Over the years it seems the number of "incidents" has increased
by around 21 per month for each degree the planet has warmed.

For the stats heads in the audience:

list of events against different factors:
just as time series r2 = .0011
mly count versus glbal temps r2= .320 beta = .208 +- .161 95% CI
count versus n hem temps r2 = .174 beta = .051 +- .069
count versus s hem temps r2 = .602 beta = .270 +- .166
(Spearman rank tests also significant).

Since the temps are in 1/100C this means e.g. for the S Hem temps
each 1C is associated with 27 +- 17 more incidents/mo = 324 +- 204 incidents/year.

--
[Mating call of climate deniers:]

Absence of evidence == evidence of absence.
Byker
2017-07-15 01:15:53 UTC
Post by gordo
The 6th great extinction is on the way.