Global Warming Will Ruin Air Travel
Add Reply
Unum
2017-08-09 15:51:22 UTC
https://jalopnik.com/climate-change-will-ruin-air-travel-1797550079

When the oceans start flooding up land from ice caps melting, good luck using
a plane to GTFO.

Climate changes is getting so bad, researchers at Columbia University foresee
30 percent of flights being unable to take off by 2050. Since rising
temperatures make the air less dense, heavy planes won’t be able to get enough
lift to get in the air. We saw this effect earlier this year, when flights
were grounded at the Phenoix airport due to high temperature.

To make planes less heavy, airlines will accept less people on board. And more
competitive airline seats make for really, really expensive plane tickets. Fun!

Extra bad news for New Yorkers: researchers predict NYC’s LaGuardia will see
some of the worst effects of the temperature change.
Eric©
2017-08-09 20:41:17 UTC
Unum wrote...
Post by Unum
https://jalopnik.com/climate-change-will-ruin-air-travel-1797550079
When the oceans start flooding up land from ice caps melting, good luck using
a plane to GTFO.
Climate changes is getting so bad, researchers at Columbia University foresee
30 percent of flights being unable to take off by 2050. Since rising
temperatures make the air less dense, heavy planes won?t be able to get enough
lift to get in the air. We saw this effect earlier this year, when flights
were grounded at the Phenoix airport due to high temperature.
To make planes less heavy, airlines will accept less people on board. And more
competitive airline seats make for really, really expensive plane tickets. Fun!
Extra bad news for New Yorkers: researchers predict NYC?s LaGuardia will see
some of the worst effects of the temperature change.
Maybe they will finally start charging more for the chubby folks - esp. the morbidly
obese - to fly.

A positive feedback mechanism - global warming isn't all bad after all.
m***@yahoo.com
2017-08-09 21:45:03 UTC
Post by Unum
Climate changes is getting so bad, researchers at Columbia University foresee
30 percent of flights being unable to take off by 2050. Since rising
temperatures make the air less dense, heavy planes won’t be able to get enough
lift to get in the air. We saw this effect earlier this year, when flights
were grounded at the Phenoix airport due to high temperature.
In reality, the planes were ABLE to take off but not legally.

This is simply because the charts that tell the pilots how much thrust is required at a given temperature did not go up high enough and no one except the air frame manufacturer has the legal authority to extend the charts.

Once the charts were revised, they planes could legally fly.

Mark
george152
2017-08-10 00:52:17 UTC
Post by m***@yahoo.com
Post by Unum
Climate changes is getting so bad, researchers at Columbia University foresee
30 percent of flights being unable to take off by 2050. Since rising
temperatures make the air less dense, heavy planes won’t be able to get enough
lift to get in the air. We saw this effect earlier this year, when flights
were grounded at the Phenoix airport due to high temperature.
In reality, the planes were ABLE to take off but not legally.
This is simply because the charts that tell the pilots how much thrust is required at a given temperature did not go up high enough and no one except the air frame manufacturer has the legal authority to extend the charts.
Once the charts were revised, they planes could legally fly.
No!
It's a matter of W&B.
The aircraft flew when the temperature dropped

---
Unum
2017-08-10 03:54:34 UTC
Post by m***@yahoo.com
Post by Unum
Climate changes is getting so bad, researchers at Columbia University foresee
30 percent of flights being unable to take off by 2050. Since rising
temperatures make the air less dense, heavy planes won’t be able to get enough
lift to get in the air. We saw this effect earlier this year, when flights
were grounded at the Phenoix airport due to high temperature.
In reality, the planes were ABLE to take off but not legally.
This is simply because the charts that tell the pilots how much thrust is required at a given temperature did not go up high enough and no one except the air frame manufacturer has the legal authority to extend the charts.
Once the charts were revised, they planes could legally fly.
Oh yeah, dumbass on the internet knows all about it. They just need to
revise the charts! Then the planes could 'legally' fly!
R Kym Horsell
2017-08-10 04:43:57 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by m***@yahoo.com
Post by Unum
Climate changes is getting so bad, researchers at Columbia University foresee
30 percent of flights being unable to take off by 2050. Since rising
temperatures make the air less dense, heavy planes won't be able to get enough
lift to get in the air. We saw this effect earlier this year, when flights
were grounded at the Phenoix airport due to high temperature.
In reality, the planes were ABLE to take off but not legally.
This is simply because the charts that tell the pilots how much thrust is required at a given temperature did not go up high enough and no one except the air frame manufacturer has the legal authority to extend the charts.
Once the charts were revised, they planes could legally fly.
Oh yeah, dumbass on the internet knows all about it. They just need to
revise the charts! Then the planes could 'legally' fly!
The problem is that big passenger aircraft already take off with full throttle.
Avgas-powered turbines are run to their limit on those things to save money
on build cost -- they are big enough as it is without allowing fully-laden
takeoff on "mil thrust" (80%).
Max throttle when temps are 120F gets something like 20% less thrust
(less dense air at the intake) than normal and around the same less
lift for a given airspeed.
Net result is around 40% more runway is needed and there's a similar effect
on the amount of time between throttle up and wheels up or the amt of
time to clear the airspace allowing for the next takeoff.

They can "define" the safety margin as low as they want. But the physics of
high temps changes some runways from allowing heavies to land/takeoff to
not able to land or take off in the distance.
--
[Flying Trolls:]
Unarmed Russian Air Force jet flies over Pentagon, Capitol, CIA, White House

[Nothing to worry about:]
North Korea plans mid-August Guam strike, calls Donald Trump's 'fire and fury'
warning 'load of nonsense'
* North Korea plans to land missiles 30-40km off Guam
* US Defence Secretary says North's actions could "lead to end of regime"
* Donald Trump says US nuclear arsenal more powerful than ever
ABC News, 10 Aug 2017 00:49Z
North Korea says it is working on plans for a missile strike near the US
Pacific territory of Guam, calling President Donald Trump's warning of "fire
and fury" a "load of nonsense".
Mr Trump's unexpected remarks prompted North Korea to say it was considering
plans to fire four intermediate-range missiles to land 30-40 kilometres from
Guam, home to about 163,000 people and a US military base that includes a
submarine squadron, an air base and a Coast Guard group.

Exclusive: U.S. envoys told to be coy on re-engaging in Paris climate deal - cable
US diplomats should duck questions from foreign governments on what it would
take to re-engage the Trump administration in the Paris climate agreement,
according to a diplomatic cable acquired by Reuters. The missive, sent by US
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to embassies last Friday, tells diplomats
to expect questions such as: "Does the United States have a climate change
policy?". Responses should be vague, the cable advises: for example, the
answer to the question "What is the process for consideration of re-
engagement in the Paris Agreement?", should be "We are considering a number
of factors. I do not have any information to share on the nature or timing
of the process." The cable also says diplomats should make clear the US
wants to help other countries use fossil fuels. You can read the cable in
full here. The Hill also covers the Reuters exclusive.
-- Yeganeh Torbati & Valerie Volcovici, Reuters

Thailand approves flood relief measures worth $48 million
-- Multiple authors, Reuters

Flash floods hit east coast of England
The Guardian, 09 Aug 2017 08:39Z

Don't panic, but a tornado has been spotted off the coast of Wales
Metro, 09 Aug 2017 11:27Z

72 years after the bombing of Nagasaki, there are 15000 nuclear weapons in
the world
Los Angeles Times, 09 Aug 2017 11:28Z

Assaad Razzouk @AssaadRazzouk 09 Aug 2017 11:32Z
Extreme Melt Season Leads to Decade-Long Ecosystem Changes in Antarctic
Polar Desert https://buff.ly/2viFFg6 #climate #science

EU ClimateAdaptation# @EUAdaptation 09 Aug 2017 12:24Z
New @TheLancet study: How #Climate disasters may affect 2/3 of #EU
population by 2100 https://goo.gl/apiQx6 #switch2sendai #iddr2017
[Good flood photo:]

Typhoon leaves blistering temperatures in its wake
The Japan News, 09 Aug 2017 11:41Z

Warm winter increases fuel loads for 'lengthy' bushfire season in Queensland, authorities say
ABC News, 09 Aug 2017 19:54Z
The warmest July on record and precious little rain has set the stage for a
worrying fire season across Queensland, authorities have said.
A BOM report showed the country's average July temperature was at its
highest in more than 100 years of weather recording.

Devastating New Orleans floods cost several officials their jobs
CBS News, 09 Aug 2017 23:56Z

First hurricane of the Atlantic season forms
WEAR, 09 Aug 2017 23:44Z
7
2017-08-09 22:09:30 UTC
Post by Unum
https://jalopnik.com/climate-change-will-ruin-air-travel-1797550079
When the oceans start flooding up land from ice caps melting, good luck
using a plane to GTFO.
Climate changes is getting so bad, researchers at Columbia University
foresee 30 percent of flights being unable to take off by 2050.
All this global warming researchers is making me feel baked!

Climate change now accelerated to 1 degree per HOUR!!!!

As the Sun cums up, the earth's temperature goes up
average 1 degree per hour. And when then Sun cums
down, the globe cools 1 degree per hour.

Climate is changing every hour!

Awe noooo! This is making me crispy and toasted.

Can I have a bacon sandwich to top it all off?

Can I stop flying now?
AlleyCat
2017-08-09 22:38:34 UTC
On Wed, 9 Aug 2017 10:51:22 -0500, Unum says...
Post by Unum
When the oceans start flooding up land from ice caps melting, good luck using
a plane to GTFO.
Climate changes is getting so bad, researchers at Columbia University foresee
30 percent of flights being unable to take off by 2050.
God, what fucking bullshit. You retards have been wrong about EVERYTHING
except the minuscule 0.8°C global average per year rise in temperature,
but then again, who COULDN'T have "predicted" that, ESPECIALLY after the
1940s to 1970s precipitous drop in temperatures?

Sulphates?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
Rudy Canoza
2017-08-09 22:57:01 UTC
[...]
Every word you write about global warming is bullshit. You don't know a
fucking thing about the subject, and you don't know anyone who does.
What you know about are right-wingnut fake news sites that specialize in
fooling gullible fat fucks like you.

Fuck off.
SeaSnake
2017-08-09 23:12:48 UTC
global warming is bullshit. You don't know a fucking thing
I KNOW!

The southern hemisphere has been COOLING!

https://www.sott.net/article/353204-Southern-Hemisphere-cooling-trend-is-now-apparent

David Archibald has today given the most up to date information on our
Sun entering a grand solar minimum and the State of the Sun, now with
the past 5 winters under our belts we can look for trends. I present to
you the trend of a cooling Southern Hemisphere.

Ya know, a planet has TWO hemispheres.

HTH, little man Ball.
Unum
2017-08-10 03:55:58 UTC
Post by Unum
When the oceans start flooding up land from ice caps melting, good luck using
a plane to GTFO.
Climate changes is getting so bad, researchers at Columbia University foresee
30 percent of flights being unable to take off by 2050.
God, what fucking bullshit. You retards have been wrong about EVERYTHING
except the minuscule 0.8°C global average per year rise in temperature,
"0.8°C global average per year rise in temperature", OMFG this is
so damn hilarious!

Kym Horsell
2017-08-10 05:06:36 UTC
Post by Unum
When the oceans start flooding up land from ice caps melting, good luck using
a plane to GTFO.
Climate changes is getting so bad, researchers at Columbia University foresee
30 percent of flights being unable to take off by 2050.
God, what fucking bullshit. You retards have been wrong about EVERYTHING
except the minuscule 0.8°C global average per year rise in temperature,
"0.8°C global average per year rise in temperature", OMFG this is
so damn hilarious!
Deer mista teecha,
Plees let my boy pass arifmeticals. He is ay good boy an he try
to hep his paw good.
He has been heldover in grade 2 for 3 year now and we need him
on da farm to hep wid da varmints.
Ifn yo can see yor way cleer to givvin his a passin grayd dis yeer
it wood be a good hep. I am shoor der would be a chistmus possum
an couple jar of yool cheer in it for yo and yorn. Ifn you get my drif.
Sinseerly,
Paw Davis
Post by Unum
https://jalopnik.com/climate-change-will-ruin-air-travel-1797550079
When the oceans start flooding up land from ice caps melting, good luck using
a plane to GTFO.
Climate changes is getting so bad, researchers at Columbia University foresee
30 percent of flights being unable to take off by 2050. Since rising
temperatures make the air less dense, heavy planes won’t be able to get enough
lift to get in the air. We saw this effect earlier this year, when flights
were grounded at the Phenoix airport due to high temperature.
To make planes less heavy, airlines will accept less people on board. And more
competitive airline seats make for really, really expensive plane tickets. Fun!
Extra bad news for New Yorkers: researchers predict NYC’s LaGuardia will see
some of the worst effects of the temperature change.
--
[A small matter of 100x:]
Post by Unum
Secondly... compared to the figure of up to 360 gigatonnes that termites
put into the air...
-- Hillbilly Davis Esq aka AlleyCat, 3/20/2016 9:51 PM
Are there suddenly a lot more termites than there used to be?
-- unum, 21 Mar 2016 16:02:13
Post by Unum
You mean THIS one: Loading Image...
The one that has data up to 2013 ONLY, and is ESTIMATING we'll BE at 38gts
in 2015? LOL Again... THEY'RE ESTIMATES, and WRONG.
STILL ain't at 40gts. 2016 is FAR from over, and that is a computer model
of what it MIGHT be, not is.
BTW... could they have made that graph ANY smaller? LOL
Why isn't anyone ELSE using the "Global Carbon Project international
team", to cite the output?... NO ONE.
Of COURSE they're going to lie... THAT'S THEIR JOB, you fucking moron.
Post by Unum
LOL... eUnuch Unum is using an entity that's PAID (by WHOM, we do not
know) to monitor carbon output over other entities that DON'T come up with
40 gigatonnes.
-- Hillbilly Davis, 06 Mar 2016

You didn't see the footnote, dumbass?
*Convert carbon to carbon dioxide (CO2) by multiplying the numbers
above by 3.67.

-- Unum, 09 Mar 2016

["Alleycat" then apparently tries to cover up his 4x blunder by
reverting to arguing that the diff between 38 gt and 40 gt is huge and
therefore indicates "a lie".
He subsequently goes on to argue that any dummy that don't
carefully indicate whether "Gt" is short tons or long tons is taking
part in the global conspiracy to inflate the amount of human-generated CO2].
AlleyCat
2017-08-10 05:20:17 UTC
On Wed, 9 Aug 2017 22:55:58 -0500, Unum says...
Post by Unum
Post by AlleyCat
God, what fucking bullshit. You retards have been wrong about EVERYTHING
except the minuscule 0.8°C global average per year rise in temperature,
"0.8°C global average per year rise in temperature
Corrected... figures you'd blow a fucking nerd gasket on that one, mommy's
boy. That's why I corrected it... to keep you basement dwellers from
spewing your boyfriends' spunk every where.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/alt.global-warming/%22over
$20the$20past$20140$20years$2C$20but$20then$20again$2C$20who$20COULDN$27T%
22%7Csort:relevance/alt.global-warming/WBlw56B-SA0/XcoQ6DmBAAAJ

"God, what fucking bullshit. You retards have been wrong about EVERYTHING
except the minuscule 0.8°C TOTAL global rise in temperature over the past
140 years, but then again, who COULDN'T have "predicted" that, ESPECIALLY
after the 1940s to 1970s precipitous drop in temperatures?"

You're pathetically sad. If you saw the post you responded to, that means
you also saw the correction.

You sad little mommy's boy. LOL... only sad and pathetic little nerds wait
and hope someone makes a grammatical or spelling mistake.
M.I.Wakefield
2017-08-10 13:40:37 UTC
Post by Unum
Extra bad news for New Yorkers: researchers predict NYC’s LaGuardia will
see some of the worst effects of the temperature change.
All the NYC airports are effectively at sea level ... officially, LaGuardia
has the highest elevation of the three.
SeaSnake
2017-08-10 14:57:08 UTC
Post by M.I.Wakefield
Post by Unum
Extra bad news for New Yorkers: researchers predict NYC’s LaGuardia
will see some of the worst effects of the temperature change.
All the NYC airports are effectively at sea level ... officially,
LaGuardia has the highest elevation of the three.
What a chicken little ninny cunt you are.

HTH
AlleyCat
2017-08-10 19:33:39 UTC
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 09:40:37 -0400, M.I.Wakefield says...
Post by M.I.Wakefield
Post by Unum
Extra bad news for New Yorkers: researchers predict NYC?s LaGuardia will
see some of the worst effects of the temperature change.
All the NYC airports are effectively at sea level ... officially, LaGuardia
has the highest elevation of the three.
[liberal whine]

Then how commme they haven't been run overrr by the seeeeeeeea?

After all, you're fellow Chicken Littles say that cities "like" Miami
should be underweaterrrrr.
Post by M.I.Wakefield
Sea level rise has already increased "nuisance flooding," or flooding
that occurs at high tide in cities like Miami.
So, should NYC airports be underwater?
Rudy Canoza

Fuck off.
SeaSnake

HTH, little man Ball.
AlleyCat
2017-08-10 20:02:01 UTC
Post by M.I.Wakefield
Post by Unum
Extra bad news for New Yorkers: researchers predict NYC?s LaGuardia will
see some of the worst effects of the temperature change.
All the NYC airports are effectively at sea level ... officially, LaGuardia
has the highest elevation of the three.
[liberal whine]

Then how commme they haven't been run overrr by the seeeeeeeea?

After all, your fellow Chicken Littles say that cities "like" Miami
should be underweaterrrrr.
SeaSnake
2017-08-10 14:55:32 UTC
https://jalopnik.shite

HTH
AlleyCat

Rudy Canoza

Fuck off.
SeaSnake

HTH, little man Ball.
Catoni
2017-08-10 16:50:40 UTC
Post by Unum
https://jalopnik.com/climate-change-will-ruin-air-travel-1797550079
When the oceans start flooding up land from ice caps melting, good luck using
a plane to GTFO.
"Unum" must have missed it......The oceans started flooding up land from ice caps melting back long....long ago.

About 20,000 years ago to be more precise..... The sea level rose quite fast for the first 12,000 years, and then slowed dramatically about 8,000 years ago..... rising now at only about 2mm - 3mm per year....

But our good comrade "Unum" isn't interested in facts...
gordo
2017-08-11 00:34:17 UTC
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 09:50:40 -0700 (PDT), Catoni
Post by Catoni
Post by Unum
https://jalopnik.com/climate-change-will-ruin-air-travel-1797550079
When the oceans start flooding up land from ice caps melting, good luck using
a plane to GTFO.
"Unum" must have missed it......The oceans started flooding up land from ice caps melting back long....long ago.
About 20,000 years ago to be more precise..... The sea level rose quite fast for the first 12,000 years, and then slowed dramatically about 8,000 years ago..... rising now at only about 2mm - 3mm per year....
But our good comrade "Unum" isn't interested in facts...
Air travel 12,000 yrs ago Catoni. Do you have heat stroke?

---
http://www.avg.com
george152
2017-08-11 03:01:15 UTC
Post by Catoni
Post by Unum
https://jalopnik.com/climate-change-will-ruin-air-travel-1797550079
When the oceans start flooding up land from ice caps melting, good luck using
a plane to GTFO.
"Unum" must have missed it......The oceans started flooding up land from ice caps melting back long....long ago.
About 20,000 years ago to be more precise..... The sea level rose quite fast for the first 12,000 years, and then slowed dramatically about 8,000 years ago..... rising now at only about 2mm - 3mm per year....
But our good comrade "Unum" isn't interested in facts...
Air travel 12,000 yrs ago Catoni. Do you have heat stroke?
gordo outthicks himself. Catoni said nothing about air travel 12,000
years ago

---
Nobody
2017-08-11 03:37:47 UTC
Post by Catoni
Post by Unum
https://jalopnik.com/climate-change-will-ruin-air-travel-1797550
079
When the oceans start flooding up land from ice caps melting,
good luck using a plane to GTFO.
"Unum" must have missed it......The oceans started flooding
up land from ice caps melting back long....long ago.
About 20,000 years ago to be more precise..... The sea
level rose quite fast for the first 12,000 years, and then
slowed dramatically about 8,000 years ago..... rising now at
only about 2mm - 3mm per year....
But our good comrade "Unum" isn't interested in facts...
Air travel 12,000 yrs ago Catoni. Do you have heat stroke?
gordo outthicks himself. Catoni said nothing about air travel
12,000 years ago
gordo gets a little hard on the bottle later in the afternoon.
Says things even more daft than normal
m***@yahoo.com
2017-08-11 12:49:49 UTC
http://www.azfamily.com/story/35664500/phoenix-heat-wave-too-hot-to-fly

The smaller planes are not __certified__ at the higher
temps.

In 1990 the same thing happened w the
larger jets and they revised the charts so
now the large jets are certified.
gordo
2017-08-11 17:16:27 UTC
Post by Catoni
Post by Unum
https://jalopnik.com/climate-change-will-ruin-air-travel-1797550079
When the oceans start flooding up land from ice caps melting, good luck using
a plane to GTFO.
"Unum" must have missed it......The oceans started flooding up land from ice caps melting back long....long ago.
About 20,000 years ago to be more precise..... The sea level rose quite fast for the first 12,000 years, and then slowed dramatically about 8,000 years ago..... rising now at only about 2mm - 3mm per year....
But our good comrade "Unum" isn't interested in facts...
Air travel 12,000 yrs ago Catoni. Do you have heat stroke?
gordo outthicks himself. Catoni said nothing about air travel 12,000
years ago
Read the header .Global warming will ruin air travel. Now get back
under your rock
Post by george152
---
---
http://www.avg.com
DESMODUS
2017-08-19 14:11:42 UTC
Post by Unum
https://jalopnik.com/climate-change-will-ruin-air-travel-1797550079
When the oceans start flooding up land from ice caps melting, good luck using
a plane to GTFO.
Climate changes is getting so bad, researchers at Columbia University foresee
30 percent of flights being unable to take off by 2050. Since rising
In 20 yeas time the O2 level will be down to 18% so they wont be flying anyway !
This is how the idiotic frivolous flyers have FUBAR d our planet DESMODUS