No Wetsuits Until December; Highest Sea Water Temperature Ever At Scripps Pier
2018-08-03 20:46:08 UTC
Scripps is part of the conspiraCEEEEE:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/science/sd-me-scripps-pier-20180802-story.html
Kym Horsell
2018-08-03 21:08:41 UTC
A big chunk of ocean off the W coast has been sticking around +1 for a few wks.

Date sea surf temps of region >25k km2 upto 500 km off Cal coast
in deg C rel to avgs 30y period centered on 1980s aka Hadley
baseline aka average aka typical aka normal SST for the region
01jul2018 0.304184 BRRRR!
02jul2018 0.477294
03jul2018 0.679806
05jul2018 0.790649
06jul2018 0.917233
07jul2018 1.05834
08jul2018 1.2043 looks like rain -- at least at sea
09jul2018 1.25446
10jul2018 1.34794
11jul2018 1.38796
12jul2018 1.12868 some gentle evaporation starting...
13jul2018 1.112
14jul2018 1.17307
15jul2018 1.1843
16jul2018 1.10097
17jul2018 1.06604
18jul2018 0.965023
20jul2018 0.978254
21jul2018 1.07761
22jul2018 1.16572
23jul2018 1.38414 more rain
24jul2018 1.3657
25jul2018 1.16739
26jul2018 1.12299
27jul2018 0.989959
28jul2018 0.906534
29jul2018 0.935064 some gentle sunshine...
30jul2018 1.0364
31jul2018 1.04922
01aug2018 1.01633
02aug2018 1.02359
Catoni
2018-08-04 04:11:49 UTC
Post by Bret Cahill
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/science/sd-me-scripps-pier-20180802-story.html
"..Highest Sea Water Temperature Ever At Scripps Pier"
Maybe at the "Pier" if you want to get technical..... but we know how the left loves to deceive...

At the geographical location where that Pier is today.... it is certainly NOT the highest temperature ever...

To say that it is... is a LIE ! ! !
columbiaaccidentinvestigation
Most tourists like you are often surprised with the normally cool ocean temps found here on the southern california coast.
Kym Horsell
"Exact geographic location" in the era of theory of continental drift/plate techtonics is just typical hillbilly iggerance.
Catoni
2018-08-04 21:57:02 UTC
Post by Kym Horsell
Post by Catoni
Post by Bret Cahill
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/science/sd-me-scripps-pier-20180802-story.html
"..Highest Sea Water Temperature Ever At Scripps Pier"
Maybe at the "Pier" if you want to get technical..... but we know how the left loves to deceive...
At the geographical location where that Pier is today.... it is certainly NOT the highest temperature ever...
To say that it is... is a LIE ! ! !
"Exact geographic location" in the era of theory of continental drift/plate techtonics is just typical hillbilly iggerance.
With continental drift/plate tectonics.... that geographical area hasn't travelled very far in the last 500,000 years...I'll be generous to you and say..."Maybe eight miles."

You truly are a moron...
Bret Cahill
2018-08-04 14:09:35 UTC
You should have seen how hot Scripps Pier was back in the Big Banglocene!
George 152
2018-08-04 20:15:37 UTC
Post by Catoni
Post by Bret Cahill
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/science/sd-me-scripps-pier-20180802-story.html
"..Highest Sea Water Temperature Ever At Scripps Pier"
Maybe at the "Pier" if you want to get technical..... but we know how
the left loves to deceive...
At the geographical location where that Pier is today.... it is certainly
NOT the highest temperature ever...
To say that it is... is a LIE ! ! !
Highest water temperature I ever saw ar sea was when a bungling matelot
dropped a flare in the oggy

---
columbiaaccidentinvestigation
power plants can raise the temps for the waters near the outlet, word is back in the day some would jump off of the jetti into the outgoing warm water, paddle hard around the tip and catch a wave back in.
columbiaaccidentinvestigation
2018-08-12 22:21:46 UTC
The water is very very warm, only an idiot like you would think your petty whining has merit.
George 152
2018-08-13 00:50:12 UTC
Post by Catoni
At the geographical location where that Pier is today.... it is
certainly NOT the highest temperature ever...
To say that it is... is a LIE ! ! !
The water is very very warm, only an idiot like you would think your petty
whining has merit.
Only above the thermocline

---
columbiaaccidentinvestigation
2018-08-13 02:49:14 UTC
On Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 1:15:44 PM UTC-7, George wrote:"dropped a flare in the"

On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 5:49:33 PM UTC-7, George wrote:"Only above the thermocline "

First lets establish your first reply in this thread was that of a blabbering troll. Next, the topic is scrips pier perhaps you could tell the group the depth of the water at the pier then compare that to your second REPLY!

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/weather/sd-me-warmth-coastal-20180730-story.html
George 152
2018-08-13 19:59:02 UTC
Post by columbiaaccidentinvestigation
On Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 1:15:44 PM UTC-7, George wrote:"dropped a flare in the"
On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 5:49:33 PM UTC-7, George wrote:"Only above the thermocline "
First lets establish your first reply in this thread was that of a
blabbering troll. Next, the topic is scrips pier perhaps you could tell
the group the depth of the water at the pier then compare that to your
second REPLY!
Denial is such an ugly thing.
Not knowing the science behind the subject is as bad

---
columbiaaccidentinvestigation
2018-08-13 20:45:38 UTC
Post by George 152
Post by columbiaaccidentinvestigation
On Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 1:15:44 PM UTC-7, George wrote:"dropped a flare in the"
On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 5:49:33 PM UTC-7, George wrote:"Only above
the thermocline "
First lets establish your first reply in this thread was that of a
blabbering troll. Next, the topic is scrips pier perhaps you could tell
the group the depth of the water at the pier then compare that to your
second REPLY!
Denial is such an ugly thing.
Not knowing the science behind the subject is as bad
Great rhetoric in your reply, but im sure a science minded person like you would not want to mislead readers into thinking the scripps pier where the observation was made relative to this thread would not be a location of extreme mixing.

Of course a "well informed" person like you who knows the science, would not expect to find the "thermocline" at the end of the scripps pier.

Now as to the very warm temps in the region, it would seem you just tried to imply that the only thing that matters is ocean temp below the region on mixing. Of course that would be a game on your part, and im sure if you wanted to make such an assertion you would have provided the differences for speed of sound at different depth in this region during this time for you to determine the exact depth of the abnormally warms ocean waters.

Of course in your last reply you did try to once again posture yourself as a figure of authority even though you are a pathetic troll, im glad you are trying harder to change your ways. Now lets see if you can do better.
Post by George 152
---
columbiaaccidentinvestigation
2018-08-15 17:49:34 UTC
Post by George 152
Post by columbiaaccidentinvestigation
On Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 1:15:44 PM UTC-7, George wrote:"dropped a flare in the"
On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 5:49:33 PM UTC-7, George wrote:"Only above
the thermocline "
First lets establish your first reply in this thread was that of a
blabbering troll. Next, the topic is scrips pier perhaps you could tell
the group the depth of the water at the pier then compare that to your
second REPLY!
Denial is such an ugly thing.
Not knowing the science behind the subject is as bad
So were you projecting in this reply?
Post by George 152
---
columbiaaccidentinvestigation
2018-08-06 22:57:48 UTC
water is hitting crazy high temps for this area, humidity is up, water temp is up, clear skies when the sun rises for areas that should have a little early cloud cover
Kym Horsell
2018-08-07 01:53:23 UTC
You should have seen the humidity 1/2 mn years ago when the Scripps pier was 30 km off the coast.
columbiaaccidentinvestigation
Word is back then tanner banks was all the rage for canadian tourists.
Kym Horsell
2018-08-07 07:24:10 UTC
Post by Bret Cahill
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/science/sd-me-scripps-pier-20180802-story.html
Given hillbillies accept sea surf proxies are more accy rat dan da modern
instruments, we can go to the sea sedements off California -- aka the most
proxied place on ert!

Decade Avg SST from proxy or direct measurement deg C
129 14.95
130 15.6192
131 15.152
132 15.5686
133 15.5683
134 15.6943
135 15.8225
136 15.6929
137 16.02
138 15.866
139 15.414
140 15.8967
141 15.4971
142 15.5113
143 15.718
144 15.726
145 15.4
146 15.6525
147 15.64
148 15.725
149 15.4
150 15.25
151 15.3667
152 15.625
153 15.0667
154 15.4
155 15.4833
156 15.45
157 15.3
158 15.52
159 15.7937
160 15.8833
161 16.2857
162 16.2786
163 15.9333
164 16.0278
165 15.4833
166 15.5
167 15.4
168 15.3
169 15.56
170 15.4958
171 15.53
172 15.445
173 15.4929
174 15.7778
175 15.6714
176 15.905
177 15.9111
178 15.5
179 15.5
180 15.3286
181 15.75
182 15.18
183 15.5417
184 15.5714
185 16.203
186 16.7616
187 16.2512
188 15.6178
189 15.6832
190 15.8077
191 16.0303
192 16.1405
193 16.3981
194 16.5865
195 16.9988
196 17.0909
197 16.8292
198 16.423
199 17.1431
200 17.5322
201 17.9319 <- da maximum in >= 1000 years