On Your Bikes –Car makers about to give up ?
DESMODUS
2018-09-11 11:32:24 UTC
Car makers in Europe have pretty much suspended sales as they struggle to meet the new European emission regulations .For the last decade they have known that is impossible to meet both CO2 and NOX targets without either having cheat software or ridiculously impractical cow piss absorption systems that buyers are refusing to have anything to do with . This combined with government edicts about banning fossil fuelled cars by 2035 means that they have no viable future and they know it >

What governments seem to have forgotten is that 25% of most countries economies is due to road transport and to shut that down will create the most enormous chaos as incomes and patterns of lives are disrupted as people won`t be able to get to whatever work is left . All this so a few thousand near death city dwellers can linger on for few more months – it is about time we recognised that we have to live with a certain level of pollution as a consequence of our ludicrous over population of the planet, or that the era of the private car will soon be over –DESMODUS (in reality most people ,unless you live in Asia, experience the lowest level of air pollution for the last million years ie we started to live round camp fires ! )
Byker
2018-09-11 12:23:04 UTC
Post by DESMODUS
[...]
Good news for Elon Musk:

https://www.teslarati.com/porsche-stops-eu-sales-emissions-wltp-compliance/

http://redgreenandblue.org/2018/09/10/europes-new-emissions-standards-force-polluting-cars-off-road-us-backslides-trump/

http://europe.autonews.com/article/20180809/ANE/180809791/automakers-pull-models-halt-output-as-wltp-deadline-roils-european

I guess now the EU will tax bicycles...
Bret Cahill
2018-09-11 16:26:32 UTC
Post by Byker
https://www.teslarati.com/porsche-stops-eu-sales-emissions-wltp-compliance/
http://redgreenandblue.org/2018/09/10/europes-new-emissions-standards-force-polluting-cars-off-road-us-backslides-trump/
http://europe.autonews.com/article/20180809/ANE/180809791/automakers-pull-models-halt-output-as-wltp-deadline-roils-european
I guess now the EU will tax bicycles...
3-D print the bike and wear dark glasses when out cycling. They'll never know . . .