sweden to meet renewable goals 12 y early
M***@kymhorsell.com
2018-07-09 11:02:03 UTC
Assaad Razzouk @AssaadRazzouk 09 Jul 2018 00:35Z
Done! Sweden to reach its 2030 #renewables target this year -
12 years early -, after adding almost 3 times as much on-shore wind capacity
as was forecasted just a year ago buff.ly/2zaqM3z #climate
pic.twitter.com/ZSDV1Mnl3H

Al Jazeera Weather @AJEWeather 09 Jul 2018 07:32Z
Tropical Storm Chris continues to strengthen off the east coast of the US,
threatening dangerous currents for coast of North Carolina.

Al Jazeera Weather @AJEWeather 09 Jul 2018 07:33Z
Roads blocked in central New Zealand as severe weather tears down trees and
triggers landslips.

Al Jazeera Weather @AJEWeather 09 Jul 2018 07:33Z
The Caribbean island of Dominica is spared damage as Tropical Storm Beryl
dissipates as it hits the island.

Al Jazeera Weather @AJEWeather 09 Jul 2018 07:33Z
Super Typhoon Maria churns towards the tiny Japanese Miyako Island,
threatening widespread destruction.

Incoming EPA administrator: `I do believe that people have an impact
on the climate'
The Hill reports that Andrew Wheeler, Scott Pruitt's replacement at
the US Environmental Protection Agency, has said in a new interview
with the Washington Post that he believes humans have played a role in
climate change. "I do believe climate change is real," Wheeler says,
in contrast to the disgraced Pruitt, who finally resigned last week
following months of scandals. "I do believe that people have an impact
on the climate." In the Washington Post interview, Wheeler also says
he has no plans to repeal the so-called "endangerment finding" which
states in US law that CO2 is a pollutant: "There would have to be a
major, compelling reason to try to ever reopen that. I don't think
that's an open question at this point." Meanwhile, InsideClimate News
and the New York Times both run articles examining Wheeler's likely
impact on US climate policy. -- Avery Anapol, The Hill

This heatwave is just the start. Britain has to adapt to climate change, fast
Simon Lewis, who is professor of global change science at University
College London and the University of Leeds, as well as a Carbon Brief
contributing editor, writes in the Guardian that the UK's current
heatwave should be on top of the political agenda: " Climate change is
a greater threat to the UK than EU directives, terrorism or a foreign
power invading. Yet the scope of our political discussion on future
threats is limited to Brexit and spending on defence. Instead of this
blinkered view where the future is the same as the past, we need to
step out of the intense heat and take a cool look at what we are doing
to our home planet." -- Prof Simon Lewis, The Guardian

The Observer view on why we shouldn't waste a drop of water when it's
so vital and valuable
As the UK continues to experience a heatwave, the Observer says it
highlights the political important of govt's being able to
ensure supplies of fresh water to its people: "A govt that
cannot provide plentiful water, and thus ensure basic hygiene,
healthcare and sanitation, may not long survive#Global warming and
population growth are further roiling water politics. In drought-hit
southern Australia, a row erupted over the alleged 'politicising' of
the problem by those who argued climate change was to blame. Even
when, for the first time, pregnant cows were sent to the abattoir
because pastureland had turned to dust, sheer obtuseness trumped
common sense Down Under. Climate change denial cannot be vanquished
overnight, no more than we can insist it start raining. But
appreciating the value of water, and water conservation, can start
today." Meanwhile, today's Guardian carries a column by Prof Catriona
Sandilands at York University, Toronto, who says that "I see my garden
as a barometer of climate change". -- Editorial, The Observer

Lost rivers could heat London to cut capital's emissions
The Guardian

'Huge step': Tourist industry wakes up to reef's climate risks
Sydney Morning Herald

Over 100 firms, local govts and private groups in Japan unite
against climate change
Japan Times

Mayors urge EU to aim for net-zero emissions by 2050
EurActiv

Number of planes in the sky to more than double in next 20 years
Independent

Trump's Cuts In Climate-Change Research Spark a Global Scramble For Funds
New Yorker

Mongolia's nomadic way of life threatened by climate change, neglect, modernity
Washington Post

Withdrawing from the Paris agreement makes no economic sense
The Guardian

As Arctic warms, reindeer herders tangle with new industries
Reuters

Saudi Aramco chief warns of oil supply crunch
Financial Times

Japan is nervous about its energy security
Financial Times

The Netherlands contemplates the world's toughest climate law
Vox

UK's `largest' battery storage facility completed
Energy Live News

Asian shares rise despite escalating US-China trade row
ABC News, 09 Jul 2018 04:49Z
"The absence of further escalation as of yet offers Asian equity markets a
further reprieve with upsides expected at the start of the week, though ...

Sony Corp
TYO: 6758 - 9 Jul., 3:00 pm GMT+9
5,692 JPY +242 (4.44%) *** up 4.4% ***

BHP Billiton Limited
ASX: BHP - 9 Jul., 4:10 pm AEST
33.86 AUD +0.71 (2.14%) *** up 2.1% ***

NK Rosneft' PAO
MCX: ROSN - 9 Jul., 11:13 am GMT+3
408.60 RUB +5.20 (1.29%) *** up 1.3% ***

Gazprom PAO
MCX: GAZP - 9 Jul., 11:13 am GMT+3
145.76 RUB +0.80 (0.55%) up

Panasonic Corporation
TYO: 6752 - 9 Jul., 3:00 pm GMT+9
1,404 JPY -6 (0.46%) down

MITSUBISHI MOTORS CORPORATION
TYO: 7211 - 9 Jul., 3:00 pm GMT+9
850 JPY -16 (1.85%) *** down 1.9% ***
JTEM is right
2018-07-09 12:22:41 UTC
Post by M***@kymhorsell.com
Sweden to reach its 2030 #renewables target
So you're saying that it hasn't. This is something
you hope will happen soon, but as of right now it
has never happened.

Wow, exactly like all the other "good news" you
keep reporting, it has never happened...

Paul Aubrin
2018-07-10 04:47:30 UTC
Post by M***@kymhorsell.com
Sweden to reach its 2030 #renewables target
So you're saying that it hasn't. This is something you hope will happen
soon, but as of right now it has never happened.
Wow, exactly like all the other "good news" you keep reporting, it has
never happened...
The Swede grid operator says it will lack 400MW this winter, or up to
1500MW if the weather is cold. Very cold weather are associated with
high pressures (no wind conditions) above whole continents.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sweden-power-nuclear/grid-operator-warns-wind-will-not-fill-swedens-nuclear-gap-in-winter-idUSKBN1JS1GL
Nobody
2018-07-09 18:35:37 UTC
Post by M***@kymhorsell.com
Done! Sweden to reach its 2030 #renewables target this year -
12 years early -, after adding almost 3 times as much on-shore
wind capacity as was forecasted just a year ago buff.ly/2zaqM3z
#climate pic.twitter.com/ZSDV1Mnl3H
<https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dhn5eTUUcAAkGIK.jpg>
It is amazing what you can do with a 62% income tax rate.
https://tradingeconomics.com/sweden/personal-income-tax-rate

AND a 25% sales tax rate.
https://tradingeconomics.com/sweden/sales-tax-rate