People from headlines in a.g-w ... where are they now?
Add Reply
Wally W.
2018-06-10 23:54:28 UTC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagadish_Shukla
... is ... a ... University Professor at George Mason University

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Gleick
He works at the Pacific Institute in Oakland, California

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Buckel
He died on April 14, 2018, by self-immolation as a protest against the
use of fossil fuels.
https://thebaffler.com/latest/metaphor-for-the-planet-downey
no major environmental organization has even publicly acknowledged his
existence in the week since he died. Like Buckel’s death, their
inaction is also communicative: he is not of them. His memory is
dangerous to their more moderate calls for legislative gradualism and
personal lifestyle change
... IOW: weasel tactics.

It has been nearly two months now, and the name of David Buckel
doesn't seem to be part of anyone's rallying cry against AGW.

To those who would go all-in for "the cause": Don't quit your day job.
AlleyCat
2018-06-11 01:23:54 UTC
On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 19:54:28 -0400, Wally W. says...
Post by Wally W.
[...]
There are soooooo many things to worry about, than the fucking WEATHER.

ONE nuclear bomb in Iran's or Korea's hands can kill more people than ALL
of the hurricanes, floods and tornadoes have in history, COMBINED.

Let's spend our money on ways to stop megalomaniacs from blowing up the
world, and then let us let NATURE takes it course pertaining to weather.

These religious climate screechers claim they're atheists... so why do
they want to play God when it comes to the weather?

They'll just end up fucking it all up, throwing off the balance of nature
and making things worse.

You "fix" something in one part of the world, and other parts will suffer.
Let the Earth "right" herself.

Leave nature ALONE!

https://vimeo.com/274403778

http://tinypic.com/r/287d5yc/9

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=14bkeo7&s=8#.Wx3Mp7HmbmE
JTEM is right
2018-06-11 03:33:31 UTC
Post by AlleyCat
You "fix" something in one part of the world, and other parts will suffer.
Let the Earth "right" herself.
There's consequences for acting, there's
consequences in not acting. The smart thing
to do would be to end the ice age. There will
be painful consequences, granted, but a whole
lot less painful than the alternative.

-- --

http://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/smegma/page/4
AlleyCat
2018-06-11 03:41:36 UTC
On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 20:33:31 -0700 (PDT), JTEM is right says...
Post by JTEM is right
Post by AlleyCat
You "fix" something in one part of the world, and other parts will suffer.
Let the Earth "right" herself.
There's consequences for acting, there's
consequences in not acting. The smart thing
to do would be to end the ice age. There will
be painful consequences, granted, but a whole
lot less painful than the alternative.
-- --
http://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/smegma/page/4
I'm not sure Man will ever SEE another ice age.

Cue Charlton Heston.

I'm not REALLY afraid of nuclear war in my life time, but I think the
destruction of mankind will come before global warming or climate change
does the damage these idiots say it will... and maybe not even because of
nuclear war.

There are many more things that can lead to the destruction of mankind.
JTEM is right
2018-06-11 04:11:03 UTC
Post by AlleyCat
I'm not sure Man will ever SEE another ice age.
Cue Charlton Heston.
http://youtu.be/mDLS12_a-fk
I have her autograph. Well I did. I'm not sure
where it is, or if it's still around...

My ex was an obsessive autograph collector, and
she just happened to be at one of the shows we
went to, sitting at a table, selling various
photos which, of course, she would personalize
with your purchase. She only had one left of the
photo I wanted, and it was stained. So she wrote
on it, "You stained it, not me!"

...oh, I'd love to find it!

I have a couple of autographed books by Jane
Goodall. Valerie Plane, the CIA operative
outed by Dick Cheney. Jimmy Carter, the greatest
ex President. Bobby Orr, a Boston favorite. I
have a 2004 backstage pass from the Democratic
National Convention autographed by Bill Clinton.

Damn. I don't know what else I've got...

We had tickets for Henry Kissinger, but he cancelled
at the last moment. That was a million years ago.

I broke the ice -- was the first to ask a question --
at a Madeleine Albright event... Got garrison keillor
to autography a book-on-tape (CD) even though he
was there for a book of poetry that he'd just
published.

Gore Vidal rather sternly refused to autograph a
copy of "Caligula," on DVD, to nobody's surprise...

I'm probably missing dozens.

-- --

http://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/bed+wetters/page/11
AlleyCat
Same here, but it's Arnold Palmer's.
Chom Noamsky
2018-06-11 04:51:25 UTC
Post by Wally W.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagadish_Shukla
... is ... a ... University Professor at George Mason University
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Gleick
He works at the Pacific Institute in Oakland, California
It's interesting that the disgraced Gleick's foes at the Heartland
Institute are basically now running America's energy and environmental
policy.

That must have the confirmed fraud Gleick chewing glass.