A "Carbon Tax" on air and now a "Meat Tax" on food!
Add Reply
JTEM is right
2018-11-07 21:54:19 UTC
The thoughtful tax on air -- "Carbon Tax" --
is meant to save you from the dire consequences
of a sightly more pleasant climate during an
ice age, and the "Meat Tax" will rescue you from
your bad meal decisions...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-46122227

The truth is, as we all know, there is not and
never has been a "Warming" problem -- warming
would be the opposite of a problem -- but there
is a population problem. More people means more
resources being used, more energy in demand, more
pollution... over fishing... deforestation...more
water needed... all of these things are symptoms
of a growing population: Growing both in terms
of size and affluence.

POVERTY TO THE RESCUE!

Estimates vary but it takes roughly 54 pounds of
grain to produce a single pound of beef. Obviously
you can feed a lot more people if you get them to
simply eat the grain. And, the left over crops can
be turned into biofuels for use in private aviation,
luxury SUVs and to heat the saunas in the homes of
your betters.

*!Joy!*

Our 1% loves us so much that they're willing to make
us stop using energy or eating foods that they like
oops I mean that are bad for us.

ALL HAIL THE 1%!

We're so lucky to have them watching out for themselves
I mean us.

Chom Noamsky
2018-11-08 20:27:36 UTC
Post by JTEM is right
[...]
That's just how it works.

When the state is paying for your healthcare (with your own money) they
apparently also get to do health risk management for you. Just one of
the side effects of socialized health care.

Here in Canada it's law to wear seat belts and helmets in order to
minimize costs to our socialized healthcare insurers. Well, except for
Sikhs, apparently helmets won't fit over turbans, so they are exempt
from helmet laws. When it comes to public risk management in Canada,
religious beliefs take precedence over liability to the public purse.

Pot was recently legalized, based on logic such as hey man, the
gubbermint has no business telling us what we can put in our bodies.

For once lefty potheads got something right.

Then the same bunch turn around and argue for sin taxes on meat and
sugar and fat.

Meat producers of course would be outraged by a meat tax, and they tend
to have powerful lobby groups. I doubt a meat tax would ever succeed
here in Canada, but in the UK people seem to be more eager to bend over
and take it up the ass.

But if a meat tax did succeed in Canada, incorporating meat into
religion would be a good way to avoid meat taxes, in the same way Sikhs
are exempt from helmet laws.

Around here cattle are raised on scrubby grassland pastures. These are
lands that aren't good for crops and would otherwise go unutilized for
food production.

PS. Stay away from grain-fed beef, grass-fed has 5x the omega 3, 2x
linoleic acid, plus more vitamin A and E.
JTEM is right
2018-11-09 02:04:37 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
PS. Stay away from grain-fed beef, grass-fed has 5x
the omega 3, 2x linoleic acid, plus more vitamin A
and E.
You should be easily tell grass fed from the feed at
the trough: The fat on grass fed beef tends to be
yellow, on the cattle shoveled feed the fat is more
white.