Excess winter deaths, England and Wales statistics
Add Reply
Eric®
2018-12-04 19:44:38 UTC
Excess winter mortality in England and Wales: 2017 to 2018 (provisional) and
2016 to 2017 (final)

More people die in the winter than the summer. We present data by sex, age,
region and cause of death.

Main points

In the 2017 to 2018 winter period, there were an estimated 50,100 excess
winter deaths in England and Wales.

The number of excess winter deaths in 2017 to 2018 was the highest recorded
since winter 1975 to 1976.

During the winter months of 2017 to 2018, the number of daily deaths
exceeded the daily five-year average for all days except 25 March.

Excess winter mortality in 2017 to 2018 significantly increased from 2016
to 2017 in all English regions and Wales, with Wales having the highest
regional index.

Excess winter mortality continued to be highest in females and people aged
85 and over.

Excess winter mortality doubled among males aged 0 to 64 years between 2016
to 2017 and 2017 to 2018.

Over one-third (34.7%) of all excess winter deaths were caused by
respiratory diseases.
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/de
aths/bulletins/excesswintermortalityinenglandandwales/2017to2018provisionaland2
016to2017final

Shortened link: https://is.gd/lSIElS
Byker
2018-12-04 20:28:55 UTC
The Welfare State could use fewer "useless eaters"...
Dhu on Gate
2018-12-04 22:31:31 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by Eric®
Shortened link: https://is.gd/lSIElS
The Welfare State could use fewer "useless eaters"...
Trust me on this, corp$icle$ co$t. We get some every winter
here in Edmonton and it's, well, lets say it's not good for
business... we already got a rep for the weather here.

Dhu