Ex-Shell President John Hofmeister: [Chronic liar...] Obama 'had nothing to do' with oil-and-gas boom
Add Reply
Leroy N. Soetoro
2018-12-03 18:25:37 UTC
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/30/john-hofmeister-ex-shell-
president-obama-had-nothi/

Former Shell Oil President John Hofmeister is pouring cold water on former
President Barack Obama’s claims that he’s responsible for the country’s
boom in oil and gas production.

Mr. Obama on Tuesday told the audience at a gala for Rice University’s
Baker Institute that he deserved credit for the oil-and-gas boom that his
successor, President Trump, is now enjoying.

“You wouldn’t always know it, but it went up every year I was president,”
the former president said to applause. “That whole — suddenly America’s
like the biggest oil producer and the biggest gas — that was me, people.”

Mr. Hofmeister, who now serves as CEO for Citizens for Affordable Energy
Inc., appeared on Fox News Thursday suggesting that U.S. oil and gas
production increased in spite of Mr. Obama’s policies.

“Yes, the production did increase throughout his term, but, frankly, he
had nothing to do with it,” Mr. Hofmeister said on “Fox & Friends.”

“This was production in states like Texas, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Ohio,
Colorado, North Dakota, in particular. And these were all state decisions
made with industry applications for permits. The federal government had no
role,” he added.

[...]

Mr. Hofmeister also criticized the former president’s opposition to
drilling, his increasing of permitting regulations and his handling of the
Keystone XL pipeline.

“I would say that he was not a leader when it comes to energy, other than
the Clean Power Plan, when he tried to remake the power generation
industry without involving Congress, and the Paris accords, again without
involving Congress,” he said. “So he tried to do a lot but it was not in
the direction of the kind of energy that President Trump is working on.

“[Mr. Obama] was mostly in the way when it came to any carbon-based fuel,
but when it came to the actual facts of the matter, because there were
areas beyond his jurisdiction, things got done. The industry and the
states working together did a remarkable job, which continues to this day
under Trump,” he said. “So [Mr. Obama] can take credit for all he wants,
but whether people believe him or not it depends on how much history do
you really know versus how much history do you want to reinvent.”
truck.

of the Obama presidency.

The World According To Garp.

ObamaCare is a total 100% failure and no lie that can be put forth by its
supporters can dispute that.

Obama jobs, the result of ObamaCare. 12-15 working hours a week at minimum
wage, no benefits and the primary revenue stream for ObamaCare. It can't
be funded with money people don't have, yet liberals lie about how great
it is.

Obama increased total debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion in the eight
years he was in office, and sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood queer
liberal democrat donors.
JTEM is right
2018-12-03 18:56:34 UTC
Mr. Obama on Tuesday told the audience at a gala for Rice University’s
Baker Institute that he deserved credit for the oil-and-gas boom that his
successor, President Trump, is now enjoying.
Obama was a massive hypocrite, yes, giving over
carte blanche to fracking, building the Keystone
pipeline, eliminating export bans and even at
one point threatening to revoke leases that people
and companies were squatting on instead of
exploiting.

Yes, O-Bum-Hole was a fossil fuel demon, even as
you spread the "Global Warming" manure!

But, thanks to Obama, the U.S. is far more polluted
than it ever could have been, just so OTHER
COUNTRIES could burn our oil, see economic growth,
instead of us!

Seriously, if we have more than we need then let
it sit in the ground! We'll get to it. When the
market is to tight, prices are so high and we
can't buy enough to fuel us, we can pump it out
of the ground then. It's not that it'll never
get burned. It's not that the oil companies will
never make money -- they'll make far more money!
We just don't burn it now.