Post by Bret Cahill Post by Chom Noamsky Post by Bret Cahill
Ain't plannin whut commies do?
Affer all, it ain't like deniers can eben plan a post that dont make 'em look iggorant.
Red Commies discovered that they can't outsmart the market.
Now Green Commies are discovering that they can't outsmart the market.
'splains why tar goop is suckin away at Ottawa teat.
In eco 101 they called it an "inferior good" and evvyone would much
had ravva used butter if they coulds afford that.
Some glacier and icecap facts
- Glaciers store about 69% of the world's freshwater, and if all land
ice melted the seas would rise about 70 meters (about 230 feet).
- During the last ice age (when glaciers covered more land area than
today) the sea level was about 400 feet lower than it is today. At
that time, glaciers covered almost one-third of the land.
- During the last warm spell, 125,000 years ago, the seas were about
18 feet higher than they are today. About three million years ago
the seas could have been up to 165 feet higher.
- North America's longest glacier is the Bering Glacier in Alaska,
measuring 204 kilometers long.
- Glacial ice can be very old-in some Canadian Arctic icecaps, ice at
the base is over 100 000 years old.
- The land underneath parts of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet may be up
to 2.5 kilometers below sea level, due to the weight of the ice.
- Antarctic ice shelves may calve icebergs that are over 80 km long.
- The Kutiah Glacier in Pakistan holds the record for the fastest
glacial surge. In 1953, it raced more than 12 kilometers in 3
months, averaging about 112 meters per day.
- Glacial ice often appears blue when it has become very dense. Years
of compression gradually make the ice denser over time, forcing out
the tiny air pockets between crystals. When glacier ice becomes
extremely dense, the ice absorbs all other colors in the spectrum
and reflects primarily blue, which is what we see. When glacier ice
is white, that usually means that there are many tiny air bubbles
still in the ice.