U.N. Predicts Disaster if Global Warming Not Checked
Chom Noamsky
2019-03-12 14:57:16 UTC
We need to act before it's too late.

***

UNITED NATIONS (AP) - A senior U.N. environmental official says entire
nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if
the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000.

https://www.apnews.com/bd45c372caf118ec99964ea547880cd0
Catoni
2019-03-12 16:53:45 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
We need to act before it's too late.
***
UNITED NATIONS (AP) - A senior U.N. environmental official says entire
nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if
the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000.
https://www.apnews.com/bd45c372caf118ec99964ea547880cd0
They've been screaming Global Warming now for almost fifty years.... I thought Tuvalu, the Maldives, Kiribati and other islands were already supposed to be underwater by 2013 or 2018.........

Whatever happened to that ?
Chom Noamsky
2019-03-12 18:07:55 UTC
Post by Catoni
Post by Chom Noamsky
We need to act before it's too late.
***
UNITED NATIONS (AP) - A senior U.N. environmental official says entire
nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if
the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000.
https://www.apnews.com/bd45c372caf118ec99964ea547880cd0
They've been screaming Global Warming now for almost fifty years.... I thought Tuvalu, the Maldives, Kiribati and other islands were already supposed to be underwater by 2013 or 2018.........
Whatever happened to that ?
The Maldives are so threatened they built a gigantic new airport to
bring in even more people and tourists.

The real threat to these islands is overpopulation. Tuvalu amounts to
10 square miles and has a population of 12,000 people. That's a higher
population density than Bangladesh.

Too many people depleting the groundwater, most of the apparent sea
level rise on these islands is simply due land subsidence. Some atolls
are actually growing, storms churn up corals and deposit the material on
the islands.

What they need to do is control their populations and stop depleting
groundwater, if they want to save their islands.
George
2019-03-12 18:30:35 UTC
On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 09:53:45 -0700 (PDT)
Post by Catoni
Post by Chom Noamsky
We need to act before it's too late.
***
UNITED NATIONS (AP) - A senior U.N. environmental official says
entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising
sea levels if the global warming trend is not reversed by the year
2000.
https://www.apnews.com/bd45c372caf118ec99964ea547880cd0
They've been screaming Global Warming now for almost fifty
years.... I thought Tuvalu, the Maldives, Kiribati and other islands
were already supposed to be underwater by 2013 or 2018.........
Whatever happened to that ?
The only thing sunk there was those ridiculous claims...

---
JTEM is Remarkably Flexible
2019-03-12 19:41:46 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
We need to act before it's too late.
***
UNITED NATIONS (AP) - A senior U.N. environmental official says entire
nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if
the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000.
https://www.apnews.com/bd45c372caf118ec99964ea547880cd0
Holy shit! We've gotta act NOW! We've got to enter "Climate" agreements
that China (and others) who will never ever honor them a billion years, shifting a
huge chunk of our economy to Asia and elsewhere, impoverishing hundreds
of millions in the west, or by the year 2000 we're all going to be DOOMED!

TAX THE AIR! Oops, I meant CO2. Tax the CO2.

...the longer they breath, the more they owe!