Coal’s share in the global energy mix is forecast to decline
Unum
2019-03-15 00:18:29 UTC
https://www.iea.org/newsroom/energysnapshots/global-coal-demand-2015-2022.html

Coal’s share in the global energy mix is forecast to decline from 27% in 2016
to 26% in 2022 on sluggish demand growth relative to other fuels.

Growth through 2022 is concentrated in India, Southeast Asia and a few other
countries in Asia. Coal demand declines in Europe, Canada, the United States
and China. As a result of these contrasting trends, global coal demand reaches
5 530 Mtce in 2022, which is only marginally higher than current levels. This
means that coal use all but stagnates for around a decade. Although coal-fired
power generation increases by 1.2% per year in the period 2016-22, its share
of the power mix falls to just below 36% by 2022, the lowest level since IEA
statistics began.
JTEM is Remarkably Flexible
2019-03-15 03:16:03 UTC
Post by Unum
Coal’s share in the global energy mix is forecast to decline
So it hasn't declined. You just hope it will, because you FEEL that
it would someone make poop less, or Angels will add sprinkles
to your cupcakes, I dunno, but coal hasn't declined any. In fact,
China dramatically under reported it's coal use and falsely
reported canceling new coal plants that are still underway.

What did we find out? That they're adding as much or more
additional coal capacity than currently exists in the whole of the
United States? That, we could end all coal what so ever in the
United States and coal emissions would not decline at all, not
so much as on iota...