It never happened
Add Reply
JTEM is right
2018-12-04 05:51:52 UTC
Never in the history of life on earth as the
climate over heated, killing off species. But,
the fossil record is littered with examples
of the earth being thrown into sudden and
catastrophic cooling, the most famous of which
being the one that ended the reign of the
dinosaurs.

Yes, the planet COOLED. The skies darkened.
The earth was plunged into volcanic/nuclear
winter as a result of the asteroid striking
us...

We live under the constant threat of sudden and
catastrophic cooling. Numerous "Super Volcanoes"
are active right now and they all will erupt --
it's only a matter of WHEN and not "if" -- and
when any one of them does it will plunge us into
a glacial period. Billions will die. The "dark
ages" it will bring, the "Ice age" it will spark
will end most of humanity. But you know what
won't threaten us? A warmer climate.

Nope.

Never ever in the annals of biology has a warmer
climate spelled doom, but in case after case there
has been sudden and catastrophic cooling, often
associated with massive extinction events.

If we have a choice, if we have a say here then
humanity would be suicidal to pick anything but
"Warming."

Wally W.
2018-12-04 12:51:59 UTC
Post by JTEM is right
Never in the history of life on earth as the
climate over heated, killing off species.
So say those who refer to **others** as "deniers."

If they admit it, they veer off into diversions about how the current
warming is "unprecedented" in the rate of change or whatever ... but
the point remains: past climate changes have made species go exinct.

George Carlin: "Over 90%, way over 90% of all the species that have
ever lived on this planet, ever lived, are gone. They're extinct. We
didn't kill them all."

And greenies don't have a compelling case that our influence on the
climate is driving whatever changes they think they see.

Their future funding depends on feeding the "It's worse than we
thought" machine.

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
(and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an
endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." - H. L. Mencken
JTEM is right
2018-12-04 13:48:31 UTC
Post by Wally W.
If they admit it, they veer off into diversions about how the current
warming is "unprecedented" in the rate of change or whatever ...
Well in the 3 million years or so that the genus Homo
has existed, not once before now has anyone gone
hysterical over such idiocy. I guess that does make it
unprecedented.

There has been lots of extremely rapid, catastrophic
climate change in the history of life on earth. None
of it was "Warming" though. All of it was cooling.

And, yes, we are inside of an ice age with the glaciers
overdue to return...