Crazy ideas that make more sense than wind & solar
JTEM is right
2018-09-11 00:01:04 UTC
Here's an interesting site. It's mostly just
propaganda but if you read carefully you can
pull out lots of tidbits...

https://muchadoaboutclimate.wordpress.com/2014/10/01/how-much-methane-does-a-cow-actually-produce/

One diary cow, they claim, produces 110 kg
of methane per year, and according to
various energy conversion sites that's equal
to roughly 122 kg of gasoline, more than 42
gallons of gasoline! And, hey, you can't
even get 42 gallons of motor fuel out of a
barrel of oil!

So, each dairy cow is more than a barrel of
crude oil worth of energy: 42 gallons of
gasoline!

METHANE IS A REAL GREENHOUSE GAS!

Unlike CO2, Methane really is a greenhouse gas,
and our dairy cows are each producing about
110 kg of methane!!!!

There are over 9 million dairy cows inside the
U.S. alone... the energy equivalent to over
400 million gallons of gasoline per year.

...more gasoline than you can pull from
10 million barrels of oil!

So all we've got to do is capture all the methane
from dairy cows and we're looking at the boost
of at least 10 million barrels of oil per year.
But, what if we could do better?

We know WHY cows are so gassy. Let's breed cows
that are much gassier. And we know what foods
give them gas and why, let's breed food that is
even gassier.

THE HYPER FLATULENT COW!

Technically, no because most of their gas comes
out of their mouths and not their bums, but you
get the point. If we could capture all the
methane from our dairy cows and even get them to
produce more methane, we have a significant fuel
source... the energy equivalent to 10 to 15
million barrels of refined gasoline!

Now the funny thing is, BECAUSE methane is such a
great greenhouse gas, you're not just adding
energy to the economy but you're reducing greenhouse
emissions!

...so the hyper flatulent cow is twice as
effective!

Chom Noamsky
Ten-million barrels is like 12 hours worth of oil for Merka...
columbiaaccidentinvestigation
use it to progress to renewables then move on
JTEM is right
2018-09-11 18:09:41 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Ten-million barrels is like 12 hours worth of oil for Merka...
It's an entire days production of oil right now.
But it's not just adding that much energy, it's
eliminating that much "Greenhouse" gasses.

...but I never said it was a good idea, only
that it was better than wind & solar.