Canadian National Fire Database Data Disputes Climate Link To Fires
AlleyCat
2023-06-08 02:51:11 UTC
Canadian National Fire Database data disputes climate link to fires: "There has
been a significant & continuing decline in the number of fires & no discernible
trend in the area burned"

Climate Depot https://climatedepot.com/2023/06/07/canadian-national-fire-
database-data-disputes-climate-link-to-fires-there-has-been-a-significant-
continuing-decline-in-the-number-of-fires-no-discernible-trend-in-the-area-
burned/...

Stick that in your wide open cock-holster ass, kensi.

=====

June: Soooooo Hot!

Thick Ice Forces Russian Ships To Take The Long Way Round

Record Cold Across Belarus And Latvia

Chill Stretches Perth Power To The Brink

Alerts Issued As Cold Front Smacks Western Australia

Freezing Lows Sweep New Zealand

June Snow In Colorado

'Gold Rush 2.0" Thanks To California's Historic Snowpack

Impressive Greenland SMB Gains

Bone-Chilling Lows Grip Northern India

Extreme Chills Grip Northern Europe

Shimla's Record-Cold Start To June

=====

May: Soooo Hot!

May Down Under: Forecast vs Reality

China's Colder-Than-Average May

Low Temperature Records Continue To Fall Down Under

Australia's Record-Cold May

Australia's Coldest-Ever May Temperatures

Record Cold Continues To Sweep Australia

Record Monthly Cold Sweeps Queensland

Australia Suffers Record Lows And Early Snows

Anomalously-cold temperatures across the entire continent of Arsetralia

Another Cooler-Than-Average Month Down Under

Bone-Chilling Lows Grip Northern India
NOAA: Low Temp Records Outstripping Heat By 2-1
"Unprecedented" Frosts Destroy Northeast Vineyards, Orchards...
Australia Sees Year-Round Snowpatches, As Record Cold Persists
Frosts Sweep Europe
UK's Year Without A Spring
"Pneumonia Front" To Sweep Midwest
Alaska's Fourth Cold Winter In A Row
Record Frosts Sweep The Ukraine And Russia
Winter Arrives Early In New Zealand
Cold Czech Republic
Northern India's Coldest Start To May Since 1987
Mongolia's Brutally Cold Winter Kills Livestock -
Leaves 212,000 People In Need Of Aid
Pakistan's Frigid April
Cold Winter Reduces North Dakota Mule Deer Numbers
Alaska's Very Cold April
Cold And Wet Kenya
Eastern Europe's Freezing April Spills Into May
Historic May Cold On Course For Michigan
Record Cold Sweeps India
Solar Activity Down, Global Temperatures Down
Arctic Sea Ice Up
Six Straight Cold Months For Cheyenne
Nome's "Coldest April In A lifetime"
Cool UK
Record Cool Latvia
Reversed Polarity Sunspot
Kym Horsell
2023-06-08 14:13:39 UTC
<https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/151384/a-smoky-may-for-north-america>

A Smoky May for North America

May 5 - 22, 2023
<https://eoimages.gsfc.nasa.gov/images/imagerecords/151000/151384/canadasmoke_geos5_20231142.mp4>

For remote sensing scientists who track the movement of smoke plumes,
May 2023 has been a wild, memorable month due to extreme fire activity
in northwestern Canada.

Early spring always brings elevated fire risk to Alberta,
Saskatchewan, and the northeastern edge of British Columbia--naturally
dry areas that lie in the rain shadow of the Canadian Rockies. There
is a period each year, after snow melts but before spring growth
begins, that dry forest undergrowth is exposed.

But in May 2023, this naturally fire-prone dry period coincided with
unusually hot and windy weather, turning what normally would have been
small, short-lived fires into huge wildland blazes that raged for
several weeks. The fires, ignited by lightning or human activity,
charred more than 1 million hectares (400 square miles) as of May 24,
and lofted smoke high into the atmosphere and across North America.

The animation above highlights the volume of smoke and its dynamic,
swirling movements between May 5-22, 2023. It shows black carbon
particles--commonly called soot--moving across North American skies
during that period. The black carbon data come from NASA's GEOS
forward processing (GEOS-FP) model, which assimilates data from
satellite, aircraft, and ground-based observing systems. In addition
to making use of satellite observations of aerosols and fires, GEOS-FP
also incorporates meteorological data like air temperature, moisture,
and winds to project the plume's behavior.

Over the course of the fire outbreak, large rivers of smoke traced
meanders in the jet stream, swirled into two separate extratropical
cyclones, and darkened skies across large swaths of North America for
weeks. Scientists even used satellites to track smoke injected high
into the atmosphere by Canadian wildfires early in the month as it
circled the entire globe.

"None of this is unprecedented," said Michael Fromm, a meteorologist
at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory who has observed the dynamics of
smoke plumes with colleagues from NOAA, NASA, and several other
science institutions for decades. "We have seen smoke from this region
behave like this in the past," he said. "But the amount of smoke is
unusual for this time of year."

May 20, 2023

Upcoming events:
8 Jun 2023: Billion Dollar Weather Disasters 23Q2 (NOAA)

[Climate Hazard!]
Charlotte, Raleigh areas under Code Red air quality alert from Canada
wildfire smoke
The Charlotte Observer, 07 Jun 2023 14:49Z

New York City's New Climate Hazard Is Wildfire Smoke
Bloomberg/Opinion, 07 Jun 2023 12:20Z

[Unheathy:]
Wildfire Smoke Blots Sun and Prompts Health Alerts in Much of U.S.
The New York Times, 07 Jun 2023 04:55Z

Alberta announces state of emergency as 25,000 flee out-of-control
wildfires in western Canada
ABC News, 07 May 2023 07:30Z
Alberta announced a state of emergency on Saturday as wildfires flared
across the Canadian province, forcing 25,000 people to flee their homes
in what a top official said was an "unprecedented" crisis.

Air Quality Alert: Wildfire smoke from Canada invades New York, Tri-State
area again
NYT, 06 Jun 2023 19:30Z

[Sooo Cooold!]
Thousands forced to evacuate as wildfires ravage western Canada
The Guardian, 06 May 2023 08:03Z

World Oil Statistics
The world consumes 35,442,913,090 barrels of oil as of the year 2016,
equivalent to 97,103,871 barrels per day. · Global oil consumption per
capita is 5 barrels ...
Oil Reserves: 1,650,585,140,000
Oil Consumption: 35,442,913,090
Reserves/Consumption: 47 <== years left i.e. 2016+47 == 2063
-- Worldometer

A vast array of our most sophisticated sensors, including space-based
platforms, have been utilized by different agencies, typically in
triplicate, to observe and accurately identify the out-of-this-world
nature, performance, and design of these anomalous machines, which are
then determined not to be of earthly origin.
-- Jonathan Grey, NASIC intel officer, Wright Patterson AFB, 06 Jun 2023

[Secret UFO recovery program blown open:]
I hope this revelation serves as an ontological shock sociologically
and provides a generally uniting issue for nations of the world to
re-assess their priorities.
-- David Grusch, 05 Jun 2023
[Talking to Les Kean et al for The Debrief, Grusch called for an end to
nearly a century of global UFO secrecy and warned that humanity needed to
prepare itself for "an unexpected, non-human intelligence contact scenario"].

[Noooooooooooooooooo!]
US solar power installations soar as panel imports ease
Fox Business, 08 Jun 2023 06:06Z

[Monopoly!]
Flood of US Renewable Projects Risks 'Breaking' Power Markets
Bloomberg, 08 Jun 2023 08:09Z

CDC warns of deadly bacteria with 50% fatality rate that has been declared
endemic to the US Gulf Coast
NY Post, 07 Jun 2023

[Record!]
Victorian city records wettest June day in a century
ABC Ballarat, 08 Jun 2023 02:06Z
Ballarat recorded 46 millimetres of rain yesterday, the wettest June
day since 1923.

The money behind the coming wave of climate litigation
FT, 04 Jun 2023

[Inner Earth!]
Scientists Found Two Gigantic Structures Deep Within The Earth. They Could
Be The Remains Of An Ancient Planet
IFLScience, 07 Jun 2023 13:24Z

[Prollem Solbed!]
Gene Therapy May Offer Birth Control for Cats
NYT, 07 Jun 2023 12:04Z

'Public nuisance': New York sues Hyundai and Kia, alleging their cars are
easy to steal
CNBC, 07 Jun 2023 07:09Z

[Two Edged!]
Marc Andreessen has a plan to use 'AI to save the world'
INSIDER, 07 Jun 2023 08:09Z

Ukraine Offensive Has 'Broken Through' Russian Lines: Prigozhin
Newsweek, 07 Jun 2023 10:08Z

Ukraine brands Russia 'terrorist state' to open hearings in case against
Russia at top UN court
AP, 07 Jun 2023 05:57Z

Ukrainian dam destruction sends global prices of wheat, corn soaring
Fox Business, 07 Jun 2023 06:56Z

Russia's Dam Busting Near Ukraine Nuclear Plant Is Another Putin War Crime
Bloomberg, 06 Jun 2023 20:29Z

Evacuations under way near Kherson after destruction of dam prompts flooding
The Guardian, 06 Jun 2023 05:23Z

Kyiv accuses Russia of blowing up Kakhovka dam
DW, 06 Jun 2023 05:22Z

Biden administration announces $2.6 billion toward coastal climate resilience
poandpo.com, 07 Jun 2023 08:41Z
The Commerce Department has announced it will put $2.6 billion toward
coastal climate resilience in funds from the Inflation ...
AlleyCat
2023-06-09 02:50:23 UTC
Climate change does NOT cause 451°F temperatures, morons. So, it was dry... so
what? There's never been dry conditions in Quebec before?

Riiiiight.

=====

A lot of folks are asking us, where do these fires in Quebec come from? How did
they start so rapidly? And the answer, based on the data, is lightning.

So there were storms on June 1st. I'll leave my mouse cursor there so we can
see. You can see that strike right there where my mouse was. And if we move
forward here, we start to see as the data comes in. This is on GOES satellite
imagery, and you can see a fire starts right there in red, right where my mouse
cursor was.

And you can see a lot more lightning here in white and blue with these
thunderstorms that rolled through on June 1st. And if we take the lightning
data and we line it up to where these fires are located, it lines up
perfectly.

Of course, not every single lightning strike causes a forest fire, and of
course, not every forest fire is caused by lightning.

You can have arson, you can have somebody flicking their cigarette butt,
there's lots of different things. But with these particular conditions,
extremely dry in Quebec, and at the time, the fire hazard was at the extreme
level.

When you have lightning roll through, that is going to obviously cause these
fires. So you can see they're already started.

They started basically the day before. They started on June 1st, they're
already developing. And it's when the winds come in, though, that's when things
really start to take off. So you can see the wind pushing in from the
northeast.

The fires are already started, they're already there. But that's when we start
to get, it seems like they all start at once, but what's happening is the wind
is stoking those fires, and you can start to see all of that smoke coming
off those fires, and you can really start to see them grow once the wind is
being pushed.

So that's basically what's happening.

Based on the data, we can see that the lightning storms from June 1st line up
perfectly to all of these random fires that happened in Quebec. As we move
forward, you can see they get developed from that. So in this particular case,
this is started by lightning, based on the data.

Thank you very much.

We'll talk to you soon.

Bye-bye.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1666820658163232769/pu/vid/1280x720/O7fymZ