Study: Wind farms kill off 75% of buzzards, hawks and kites
Add Reply
Chom Noamsky
2018-11-06 15:35:13 UTC
This is why wildlife conservationists oppose wind turbines, they
decimate nearby populations of avian apex predators.

In Merka, they actually had to exempt wind farms from the Endangered
Species Act, because they'd go outta biz fast paying huge fines for
killing eagles and condors.

It would take an area the size of Scotland to power the UK with wind, so
not hard to imagine the massive collective impact on wildlife that wind
will have in the future, and is already having.

If greenie madness would stop making nuclear so expensive, an area the
size of Buckingham Palace could power the UK with nookular.

***

Wind turbines are the world's new 'apex predators', wiping out buzzards,
hawks and other carnivorous birds at the top of the food chain, say
scientists.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6354843/Wind-farms-new-apex-predators-kill-three-QUARTERS-predatory-birds.html
JTEM is right
2018-11-07 00:59:37 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
This is why wildlife conservationists oppose wind turbines, they
decimate nearby populations of avian apex predators.
In Merka, they actually had to exempt wind farms from the Endangered
Species Act, because they'd go outta biz fast paying huge fines for
killing eagles and condors.
The powers that be have all the same information you have,
and then some.

As I said before, all this wind & solar is a poison pill.
It's our cowardly leadership's way of ramming what they
decided down our throats. They know that no matter what is
proposed by anyone, someone else with rise in opposition.
So, instead of facing that battle and any consequences, they're
flushing down billions of dollars on wind & solar, knowing it
will fail, so they can solve all the problems they created
with something else... something they long since decided on.

I'm guessing geothermal. It's exactly like a nuclear power
plant only without the nuclear fuel. They use the earth's
heat for energy. One hotspot, like Yellowstone, can power
dozens or even hundreds of such plants -- limited only by
surface area.

The downside? Prick the bubble that is the caldera and you
just ended civilization. No, not just the United States,
not just the northern hemisphere but the entire planet is
back in the stone age. The power we're talking about if off
the scales of anything humans ever experienced.

...imagine something like 25 Krakatoa eruptions all
going off at once!

Anyone in their right mind would lynch the people behind
such a scheme, unless of course they invent a crisis and
and force us to accept their "Solution."

Unum
2018-11-07 23:53:06 UTC
This is why wildlife conservationists oppose wind turbines, they decimate
nearby populations of avian apex predators.
I wonder how many "avian apex predators" would be found at a tar sludge mine?

https://calgaryherald.com/business/energy/study-traces-organic-aerosol-air-pollution-to-oilsands-production
Wally W.
2018-11-08 05:26:13 UTC
Post by Unum
This is why wildlife conservationists oppose wind turbines, they decimate
nearby populations of avian apex predators.
I wonder how many "avian apex predators" would be found at a tar sludge mine?
https://calgaryherald.com/business/energy/study-traces-organic-aerosol-air-pollution-to-oilsands-production
Do they include pictures of dead eagles on your electric bills where
they *say* all your electricity comes from windmills?
Chom Noamsky
2018-11-08 16:26:59 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
This is why wildlife conservationists oppose wind turbines, they
decimate nearby populations of avian apex predators.
I wonder how many "avian apex predators" would be found at a tar sludge mine?
Canada's goop mines are not exempt from wildlife protection laws nor
endangered species acts.

Wind farms are.

Tells you a lot right there, eh buckwheat.
Unum
2018-11-08 16:43:16 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
This is why wildlife conservationists oppose wind turbines, they decimate
nearby populations of avian apex predators.
I wonder how many "avian apex predators" would be found at a tar sludge mine?
Canada's goop mines are not exempt from wildlife protection laws nor
endangered species acts.
So why haven't they all been restored?

https://e360.yale.edu/features/on_ravaged_tar_sands_lands_big_challenges_for_reclamation

The mining of Canada’s tar sands has destroyed large areas of sensitive
wetlands in Alberta. Oil sands companies have vowed to reclaim this land, but
little restoration has occurred so far and many scientists say it is virtually
impossible to rebuild these complex ecosystems.

less than one square mile of the 296 square miles of land that has been
disturbed by tar sands development has been certified as being reclaimed by
the province of Alberta.
Post by Chom Noamsky
Wind farms are.
Tells you a lot right there, eh buckwheat.
Tells me that chumpsky is full of shit yet again. There's no need to
apply the laws because wind farms are largely harmless.
Chom Noamsky
2018-11-08 17:11:21 UTC
Post by Unum
Tells me that chumpsky is full of shit yet again. There's no need to
apply the laws because wind farms are largely harmless.
So why do wind farms need to be exempt from endangered species laws,
while gooop mines are not?
Unum
Its a few lines up. Settling for last post already?
Chom Noamsky
2018-11-08 19:24:54 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Tells me that chumpsky is full of shit yet again. There's no need to
apply the laws because wind farms are largely harmless.
So why do wind farms need to be exempt from endangered species laws,
while gooop mines are not?
Its a few lines up. Settling for last post already?
If they are "largely harmless" then why do wind farms need exemptions
from endangered species laws?
Unum
2018-11-08 21:29:34 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Unum
Tells me that chumpsky is full of shit yet again. There's no need to
apply the laws because wind farms are largely harmless.
So why do wind farms need to be exempt from endangered species laws, while
gooop mines are not?
Its a few lines up. Settling for last post already?
If they are "largely harmless" then why do wind farms need exemptions from
endangered species laws?
Why did chumpsky lie?

https://www.ontario.ca/page/wind-farms-and-endangered-or-threatened-species

By law, you must:

operate in a way that is unlikely to harm the habitat
adjust techniques to minimize the impact on a species

You must also take reasonable steps to:

avoid killing, harming or harassing a species (e.g., shut down turbines
at certain times; adjust cut-in speed)
create or enhance habitat (e.g., create a nesting habitat in another place)
Chom Noamsky
2018-11-08 21:41:10 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Tells me that chumpsky is full of shit yet again. There's no need to
apply the laws because wind farms are largely harmless.
So why do wind farms need to be exempt from endangered species laws,
while gooop mines are not?
Its a few lines up. Settling for last post already?
If they are "largely harmless" then why do wind farms need exemptions
from endangered species laws?
Why did chumpsky lie?
https://www.ontario.ca/page/wind-farms-and-endangered-or-threatened-species
    operate in a way that is unlikely to harm the habitat
    adjust techniques to minimize the impact on a species
    avoid killing, harming or harassing a species (e.g., shut down
turbines at certain times; adjust cut-in speed)
    create or enhance habitat (e.g., create a nesting habitat in
another place)
What kind of an idiot thinks American laws, such as the Endangered
Species Act, apply to Canada?

***

"...the administration has looked the other way on the fact that wind
turbines are killing all manner of bird species that are protected under
the ESA and/or the MBTA. It seems that the Fish and Wildlife Service
has for years willfully refused to act when birds – including Bald
Eagles, Golden Eagles and even the highly endangered California Condor –
die horrible deaths by flying into the enormous blades of 300 foot-tall
wind turbines that litter broad swaths of landscapes in many parts of
the country. Even worse, the Administration has refused to act while at
the same time filing civil and even criminal charges against fossil fuel
companies that experience listed bird deaths on their properties.

The double standard in government and within much of the
environmentalist community is somewhat breathtaking. The March issue of
the peer-reviewed Wildlife Society Bulletin estimated that over 573,000
birds are killed by the nation’s wind farms each year, including around
83,000 “hunting birds”, mostly raptors like eagles, hawks and falcons.
Of course, getting to precise figures is essentially impossible since
many wind companies are exempt not only from penalties normally
associated with such bird kills, but even from reporting requirements
enforced on other industries.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidblackmon/2013/05/16/the-esa-a-rule-or-more-of-a-guideline/
Unum
2018-11-09 00:19:05 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
[...]
I clearly cited Ontario’s Endangered Species Act, lieboy.

"Ontario’s Endangered Species Act protects endangered and threatened species —
animals and plants in decline and at risk of disappearing from the province."
Chom Noamsky
2018-11-09 00:44:28 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
[...]
I clearly was referring to Merka's ESA when I wrote "In Merka, they
actually had to exempt wind farms from the Endangered Species Act,".

But since you absolutely insist on referring to Ontario law, go ahead
and fill your boots. The legislation explicitly exempts wind facility
operators.

If wind farms are so harmless, why do they need special legal protection
from killing species at risk?

***

Wind facilities

23.20 (1) This section applies to a person who is engaged in the
operation of a wind facility within the meaning of Ontario Regulation
359/09 (Renewable Energy Approvals under Part V.0.1 of the Act) made
under the Environmental Protection Act. O. Reg. 176/13, s. 14.

(2) Clause 9 (1) (a) and subsection 10 (1) of the Act do not apply to a
person who is engaged in the operation of a wind facility and who, in
the course of the operation of the wind facility, kills, harms or
harasses a member of a species that is listed on the Species at Risk in
Ontario List as an endangered or threatened species, or damages or
destroys the habitat of such a species, if the person satisfies the
conditions set out in subsection (4). O. Reg. 176/13, s. 14.

https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/080242
Unum
2018-11-09 05:25:40 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
[...]
I clearly was referring to Merka's ESA when I wrote "In Merka, they actually
had to exempt wind farms from the Endangered Species Act,".
Here's what chumpsky actually said. No wonder he is running away from it
as fast as he can.
Canada's goop mines are not exempt from wildlife protection laws nor
endangered species acts.
Wind farms are.
What kind of idiot thinks that has anything to do with the USA?

https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/r13176

So "complete and total exemption" was an absolute lie. Keep on running!
Chom Noamsky
2018-11-09 06:50:39 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Canada's goop mines are not exempt from wildlife protection laws nor
endangered species acts.
Wind farms are.
What kind of idiot thinks that has anything to do with the USA?
https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/r13176
So "complete and total exemption" was an absolute lie. Keep on running!
Except wind farms are exempt from wildlife protection laws and goop
mines aren't.

What I said was 100% correct and now Unum is "running away from it as
fast as he can."

***

Unum
2018-11-09 15:38:29 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Tells me that chumpsky is full of shit yet again. There's no need to
apply the laws because wind farms are largely harmless.
So why do wind farms need to be exempt from endangered species laws,
while gooop mines are not?
Its a few lines up. Settling for last post already?
If they are "largely harmless" then why do wind farms need exemptions
from endangered species laws?
Why did chumpsky lie?
https://www.ontario.ca/page/wind-farms-and-endangered-or-threatened-species
     operate in a way that is unlikely to harm the habitat
     adjust techniques to minimize the impact on a species
     avoid killing, harming or harassing a species (e.g., shut down
turbines at certain times; adjust cut-in speed)
     create or enhance habitat (e.g., create a nesting habitat in
another place)
What kind of an idiot thinks American laws, such as the Endangered
Species Act, apply to Canada?
I clearly cited Ontario’s Endangered Species Act, lieboy.
I clearly was referring to Merka's ESA when I wrote "In Merka, they
actually had to exempt wind farms from the Endangered Species Act,".
Here's what chumpsky actually said. No wonder he is running away from it
as fast as he can.
 > Canada's goop mines are not exempt from wildlife protection laws nor
 > endangered species acts.
 >
 > Wind farms are.
What kind of idiot thinks that has anything to do with the USA?
https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/r13176
So "complete and total exemption" was an absolute lie. Keep on running!
Except wind farms are exempt from wildlife protection laws and goop mines aren't.
Already debunked.
chumpsky couldn't even distinguish between canada and the USA.
Chom Noamsky
2018-11-09 15:57:19 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky

I accept your defeat.
Chom Noamsky
2018-11-08 21:52:20 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Tells me that chumpsky is full of shit yet again. There's no need to
apply the laws because wind farms are largely harmless.
So why do wind farms need to be exempt from endangered species laws,
while gooop mines are not?
Its a few lines up. Settling for last post already?
If they are "largely harmless" then why do wind farms need exemptions
from endangered species laws?
Why did chumpsky lie?
https://www.ontario.ca/page/wind-farms-and-endangered-or-threatened-species
    operate in a way that is unlikely to harm the habitat
    adjust techniques to minimize the impact on a species
    avoid killing, harming or harassing a species (e.g., shut down
turbines at certain times; adjust cut-in speed)
    create or enhance habitat (e.g., create a nesting habitat in
another place)
Also, note the complete and total exemption of Ontario wind farm
operators from laws protecting species at risk.

***

Unum
2018-11-09 00:28:44 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
[...]
Nope, only if "if the person satisfies the conditions set out in subsection
(4). O. Reg. 176/13, s. 14." And that section defines an extensive set of
environmental remediation activities and reporting plus a list of species.

Chom Noamsky
2018-11-09 00:53:05 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
[...]
Wow, so like every other industry, they have to meet some requirements
in order to get permits. Wow, yer really onta sumpthin!

Now, how does that change the fact that wind farms have an explicit and
special exemption from legal penalties for killing, harming, or
harassing species at risk?

If wind turbines are so harmless to wildlife, why do operators need
special legal protection from harming wildlife?

Yer stuck for an answer because you don't have one.
Unum
2018-11-09 05:27:42 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
[...]
Merely on to the clear demonstration that chumpsky is completely
full of shit yet again. So "complete and total exemption" was an
absolute lie. Keep on running, boy!
Chom Noamsky
2018-11-09 06:55:00 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
[...]
See the part where operators of wind facilities are exempt from law
forbidding the killing, harming and harassing of endangered or
threatened species.

I'll just keep reposting it and watch you squirm.

***

Unum

Post all the garbage you want, lieboy.
Chom Noamsky
I accept your defeat.
Unum
Chom Noamsky
2018-11-09 18:54:29 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Unum
Post by Chom Noamsky
I'll just keep reposting it and watch you squirm.
Post all the garbage you want, lieboy.
I accept your defeat.
Settling for last post already?
Stop yer whining, take that platter with yer arse on it and exit gracefully.