"dis is not gunna be a glacing blow" -- FEMA
M***@kymhorsell.com
2018-09-12 16:35:26 UTC
CNN Breaking News @cnnbrk 12 Sep 2018 15:46Z
"This is not going to be a glancing blow... This is going to be a Mike Tyson
punch to the Carolina coast," FEMA associate administrator Jeff Byard says
of Hurricane Florence. Follow live updates: cnn.it/2CNTDMN Track Hurricane
Florence: cnn.it/2CMmQYM pic.twitter.com/uOhr6QRASm

Skripal poisoning: suspects are civilians, not criminals, says Putin
The Guardian, 12 Sep 2018 08:13Z

Restoration efforts on Guam continue after Mangkhut
Pacific Daily News, 12 Sep 2018 08:38Z
Government utilities agencies and some mobile service providers on Wed
continued efforts to fully restore service to the island in the ...
[Pres Trump declared a state of emergency for the Marianas yesterday
and it' s reported officials have requested the same for Guam].

ABC News @ABC 12 Sep 2018 10:35Z
LATEST: - Hurricane #Florence slowed overnight and likely won't make
landfall until Fri night. - The storm is moving west-northwest toward the
Carolinas at about 17 mph. abcn.ws/2N5n4yF pic.twitter.com/5XOyzFFxcR

Good Morning America @GMA 12 Sep 2018 10:38Z
TOP STORY: The urgent new warning about Hurricane Florence being called 'the
storm of a lifetime': abcn.ws/2NGrYSx pic.twitter.com/ItFEMO5TLl

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump 12 Sep 2018 11:00Z
Hurricane Florence is looking even bigger than anticipated. It will be
arriving soon. FEMA, First Responders and Law Enforcement are supplied and
ready. Be safe!

Jesse Ferrell @Accu_Jesse 12 Sep 2018 11:03Z
Last night's Hurricane #Florence NHC forecast track change makes HUGE
difference in storm surge up Cape Fear into Wilmington area!
cera.coastalrisk.live pic.twitter.com/KcisH64Iv1

[NOAA Storm Special: link to view buoy data nr Florence, Helene, Isaac,
or Olivia:]
<https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/radial_search.php?storm=at1>
[Waves upto 4.5m at #41047 0850Z].

Tropical Storm Olivia bears down on Hawaii: 'We're not out of the woods'
CNN, 12 Sep 2018 11:43Z

Scott Morrison criticised for video suggesting drought 'a necessary evil'
ABC News, 13 Sep 2018
Scott Morrison has defended a tweet suggesting the drought is a "necessary
evil" to cut the bottom 10 per cent of farmers, saying it is another
perspective on the drought.

Alexander Gerst @Astro_Alex 12 Sep 2018 13:29Z
Watch out, America! #HurricaneFlorence is so enormous, we could only capture
her with a super wide-angle lens from the @Space_Station, 400 km directly
above the eye. Get prepared on the East Coast, this is a no-kidding
nightmare coming for you. #Horizons pic.twitter.com/ovZozsncfh

Hurricane Florence's Slow Speed Is Ominous
The Atlantic, 12 Sep 2018 14:20Z
There's something particularly worrying about the forecast for Hurricane
Florence-and it's not only that the storm will likely make landfall later ...

Hurricane Florence - live updates: Storm generates 83ft waves on ...
The Independent, 12 Sep 2018 14:21Z

ABC News @ABC 12 Sep 2018 14:28Z
"We could only capture her with a super wide-angle lens." Massive Hurricane
#Florence seen from the International Space Station:
abcn.ws/2N40OoZ pic.twitter.com/g2t8hyzZz1

NBC News @NBCNews 12 Sep 2018 14:32Z
Replying to @NBCNews
Latest Hurricane Florence forecast track; now expected to approach Carolina
coast Thu/Fri and "move slowly near the coastline through Sat,"
NHC says. NBCNews.com/Florence pic.twitter.com/IuC8tlnl4d

Hurricane Florence path shift 'bizarre,' could bring 'catastrophic ...
USA TODAY, 12 Sep 2018 15:24Z
The weird saga of Hurricane Florence, which has already carved an
unprecedented path across the Atlantic, is forecast to persist with a
strange ...

InsideClimate News @insideclimate 12 Sep 2018 15:59Z
In Hurricane Florence's path: giant toxic coal ash piles. "These sites are
dangerous on a good day when the sun is shining. There is even greater risk
when there are hurricanes and floods," said Frank Holleman of @selc_org
bit.ly/2x8b5pi

Ryan Maue | weathermodels.com @RyanMaue 12 Sep 2018 16:08Z
Monumental rainfall amounts in North Carolina ... thru Sat morning
(+96 hours) already 30-36" or 3-feet of rainfall possible from Hurricane
#Florence ... and storm in worst position for continued onshore flooding
rain bands. Both Carolinas under threat of disaster. pic.twitter.com/y7D0pbx#

Hurricane Florence Updates: Catastrophic Rain Predicted as Storm's ...
New York Times, 12 Sep 2018 16:12Z

CNN Breaking News @cnnbrk 12 Sep 2018 16:17Z
Over 25 mn people are inside the Hurricane Florence forecast cone from
the National Hurricane Center, which extends from Virginia to Alabama as of
Wed morning cnn.it/2Nb8nKv pic.twitter.com/kvsiGaBk47
2018-09-12 17:44:01 UTC
<https://pbs.twimg.com/ext_tw_video_thumb/1039901478192865280/pu/img/3JL40x8xtR34PrT0.jpg>
Most people can go a few weeks w/o fresh food. All they need to do is buy a solar cell phone charger and hope the towers get back on line in a few days.
Kym Horsell
It's timez lik deze you realiz how small a space 100 t of coal takes up on da back porch.
Unum
Puerto Rico proved that people can survive without power for months!
Catoni
2018-09-13 03:01:02 UTC
My great great grandparents and their family prospered and did well without electric power for years.
We have Amish and Mennonites living in southern Ontario living without electricity. I believe you have some of them doing that also I’m Pennsylvania, don’t you?
Catoni
2018-09-13 03:02:16 UTC
My great great grandparents and their family prospered and did well without electric power for years.
We have Amish and Mennonites living in southern Ontario living without electricity. I believe you have some of them doing that also in Pennsylvania, don’t you?
Bret Cahill
2018-09-13 04:55:43 UTC
We low carbon sustainable types is eberywhar!
george152
2018-09-13 20:28:59 UTC
Post by Catoni
My great great grandparents and their family prospered and did well without electric power for years.
We have Amish and Mennonites living in southern Ontario living without electricity. I believe you have some of them doing that also in Pennsylvania, don’t you?
The world did very well without electricity before it was put into use
by those terrible white men.
So the other races of the world should immediately disconnect from the
power grid and go to using dung fueled fires to cook on and candles or
fire light for illumination

---