China cuts subsidies, solar stocks crash
Chom Noamsky
2018-06-07 15:27:56 UTC
China cuts solar subsidies to make electricity cheaper.

Solar stocks crash.

But I thought solar didn't make power more expensive?

Unum, my vitriol-spewing leg-humper, will now parse the internet,
looking for a solitary line from an RE opinion blog, and insist that
that single sentence refutes the overwhelming bulk of evidence that RE
drives the price of power inexorably upward.

Even if intermittent RE didn't get any subsidies at all, RE still gets
indirect subsidies, due to the involuntary extra support costs incurred
in order to make wind and solar work on the grid.

***

Last week, the world leading nation in solar panel manufacturing
announced big cuts to subsidies in order to make their electricity
cheaper. Can you believe? The cuts are big enough for The Motley Fool to
headline this “Why the Lights Went Out on Solar Today”. (h.t GWPF)

http://joannenova.com.au/2018/06/china-solar-stocks-plummet-as-solar-subsidies-cut-to-make-electricity-cheaper/
JTEM is right
2018-06-07 16:47:44 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
China cuts solar subsidies to make electricity cheaper.
Solar stocks crash.
But I thought solar didn't make power more expensive?
Say what you want, but north America was so blazingly
HOT this last January that temperatures dropped a little
below Mars. With that kind of heating, we're all going
to fry to death within seconds or centuries... one of
those.

-- --

http://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/smegma/page/2
Byker
2018-06-08 15:33:24 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
China cuts solar subsidies to make electricity cheaper.
Solar stocks crash.
But I thought solar didn't make power more expensive?
Related: