Solar Is A Sunnier Green Energy Source Than Wind
2018-10-11 03:40:05 UTC
It's already cheaper in many places.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-10-04/wind-power-isn-t-as-clean-as-we-thought-it-was
Unum
2018-10-11 05:10:06 UTC
Post by Bret Cahill
It's already cheaper in many places.
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-10-04/wind-power-isn-t-as-clean-as-we-thought-it-was
Reading the actual study;

"For wind power, estimates of the power density vary by about a factor of 70.
Technological innovations in turbine design and arrangement show that up to 47
We m−2 is achievable over very small areas "
Wally W.
... sure, during a Cat-9 hurricane.
Bret Cahill
2018-10-11 18:30:34 UTC
Deniers suddenly more alarmist than alarmists?
Wally W.
2018-10-12 05:36:34 UTC
Post by Bret Cahill
Post by Wally W.
... sure, during a Cat-9 hurricane.
Deniers suddenly more alarmist than alarmists?
That wasn't alarmist ... it was indicative of Unum's bloated claims.

... or hasn't Mr. Context noticed those?

Bret Cahill
2018-10-11 18:29:46 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Bret Cahill
It's already cheaper in many places.
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-10-04/wind-power-isn-t-as-clean-as-we-thought-it-was
Reading the actual study;
"For wind power, estimates of the power density vary by about a factor of 70.
Technological innovations in turbine design and arrangement show that up to 47
We m−2 is achievable over very small areas "
Vertical "egg beater" farms are more efficient/land area than disk and recently they solved fatigue and other issues.

Disk is only slightly better than vertical as far as growing crops. Disk must be a cheap interim solution. When it comes time to swap out a lot of the land use & infrastructure will already be in place.