Cap Allon: Failed Screenwriter Updates
Add Reply
AlleyCat
2024-09-09 21:07:25 UTC
Cold Records Tumble Across The East

A cold snap across parts of the Eastern U.S. has broken or tied a myriad of long-standing temperature
records. The NWS issued early-season frost advisories for many, with crops at risk.

In Charleston, WV, thermometers dropped to 43F (6C) on Sunday, breaking the previous record of 45F (7C) set
in 1944.

Parkersburg, WV, tied its record low of 42F (6C), last recorded in 1986.

Also, the Sunday morning low at Central Park, NY rivaled a record set 153 years ago:

https://substack.com/redirect/0e94e57b-8933-4609-aecd-f4ce0a0799cc?j=eyJ1IjoiM3U2czk0In0.-avUs2e6Mq2SbZ0t5OP-
P0LHowHID9yep3dmbwElK6w

The fallen daily records stacked up through Sunday, pushing 100 in total.

The benchmarks continued to topple into the early hours of Monday and all.

Snapshot of the latest records, as of 08:00 UTC, Sept 9, 2024.

https://substack.com/redirect/e0bac970-ffa7-4c2f-ab07-4b112cf790cf?j=eyJ1IjoiM3U2czk0In0.-avUs2e6Mq2SbZ0t5OP-
P0LHowHID9yep3dmbwElK6w

=====

September:

Cold Records Tumble Across The East
Colder-Than-Average Augusts
India Meteorological Department Warns Of Harsh Winter To Come
Snowy Colorado
Southern Hemisphere Snow - Argentina and Chile Pounded
Early Snows Hit Kyrgyzstan
Eastern U.S. Fells Cold Records, 150 Million To See Fall-Like Temps
UK's Coolest Summer Since 2015
First Significant Snows Forecast For The Alps
150 Years Of Antarctic Ice Data Reveals Decline In Wildfires Since 1920
Arizona Sees August Snow
Europe Forecast Stark Temperature Drop
Thousands Without Power In Tasmania As Cold And Snow Intensify
Foot Of Snow Closes Going-To-The-Sun Road
Alan
2024-09-10 05:02:52 UTC
Post by AlleyCat
Cold Records Tumble Across The East
And Phoenix has shattered the record for consecutive days over 100
degrees...

...but you don't want to look at all records being set, do you?
Skeeter
It's Phoenix you idiot. It gets hot there.
Alan
2024-09-10 17:59:06 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by AlleyCat
Cold Records Tumble Across The East
And Phoenix has shattered the record for consecutive days over 100
degrees...
...but you don't want to look at all records being set, do you?
It's Phoenix you idiot. It gets hot there.
And it's getting hotter for longer, doofus.

The new record is now up to 105 days when the old record was 76 days.

That's an increase of more than 38%...

...and it's still going.

It's only 11:46am in Phoenix as I write this, and at 10:36am today, it
was 99° already.

<https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/az/phoenix/KPHX>

The forecast is for 110° today and 108° tomorrow.

Face it, doofus: it's hotter there.
Skeeter
2024-09-11 15:23:07 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by AlleyCat
Cold Records Tumble Across The East
And Phoenix has shattered the record for consecutive days over 100
degrees...
...but you don't want to look at all records being set, do you?
It's Phoenix you idiot. It gets hot there.
And it's getting hotter for longer, doofus.
It happens, get over it.
Post by Alan
The new record is now up to 105 days when the old record was 76 days.
That's an increase of more than 38%...
So? Shit happens.
Post by Alan
...and it's still going.
It's only 11:46am in Phoenix as I write this, and at 10:36am today, it
was 99° already.
So. I lived there before. It's get hot.
Post by Alan
<https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/az/phoenix/KPHX>
The forecast is for 110° today and 108° tomorrow.
Normal
It' the desert you nimrod.
Alan
2024-09-11 15:27:44 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Face it, doofus: it's hotter there.
It' the desert you nimrod.
And it's hotter now for longer than at any time since humans have been
keeping records.
Alan
Really? When has Phoenix ever had a longer run of days over 100°?
Skeeter
2024-09-13 22:01:36 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Face it, doofus: it's hotter there.
It' the desert you nimrod.
And it's hotter now for longer than at any time since humans have been
keeping records.
Nope.
Really? When has Phoenix ever had a longer run of days over 100°?
I don't know that is not my thing. I was stationed in Tucson and I tell
you it gets fucking hot.
Alan

"Nope".
Skeeter
I claimed nothing. Stop spinning.
Alan
2024-09-17 15:11:40 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Face it, doofus: it's hotter there.
It' the desert you nimrod.
And it's hotter now for longer than at any time since humans have been
keeping records.
Nope.
Really? When has Phoenix ever had a longer run of days over 100°?
I don't know that is not my thing. I was stationed in Tucson and I tell
you it gets fucking hot.
"Nope".
I claimed nothing. Stop spinning.
So you agree that:

"...it's [Phoenix is] hotter now for longer than at any time since
humans have been keeping records."

...is that correct?
citizen winston smith
2024-09-17 15:46:33 UTC
Post by Alan
"...it's [Phoenix is] hotter now for longer than at any time since
humans have been keeping records."
You fucking MORON!

Phoenix is more populated and more asphalted than at any time in its
history.

Damn you are one dumb fuck!
Alan
2024-09-17 16:06:06 UTC
Post by citizen winston smith
Post by Alan
"...it's [Phoenix is] hotter now for longer than at any time since
humans have been keeping records."
You fucking MORON!
Phoenix is more populated and more asphalted than at any time in its
history.
Damn you are one dumb fuck!
And you think that the people who record temperature data don't
understand that, doofus?
AlleyCat
2024-09-18 05:06:50 UTC
On Tue, 17 Sep 2024 09:06:06 -0700, Alan says...
Post by Alan
Post by citizen winston smith
Damn you are one dumb fuck!
And you think that the people who record temperature data don't
understand that, doofus?
Yeah? And you think they take the heat island effect temp out of the temp reporting, or do you think they tell us the
RAW temps?

Latter.

If so, why do they NEVER tell us on the weather reports, "Hey you out there sweating up a storm in and around
Phoenix... it's hot, but not as hot as we tell you, because of heat island effect."

Please show us the protocol for including the heat island effect in the models' equations.

https://i.imgur.com/8V65Iak.mp4

=====

September:

Unprecedented Summer Snowstorm Begins In The Alps

Italian Peaks Register Record-Breaking -24.6C (-12.3F)

Snow Clips The UK, Cold Threatens Records

Arctic Sea Ice Still Trend-less

Another New Study Finds Clouds To Be Earth's Climate Control Knob, Not CO2

Record-Breaking Snow For The Alps

Zululanders See Surprise Spring Flakes

Mount Washington Registers Early First Measurable Snow

Early-Season Snow In Austria

Scotland Shivers

Historic Lows Broken In U.S.

Greenland's Surface Gained 370 Billion Tons Of Ice Last Season, Bang On Average

Alan
2024-09-18 05:43:50 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by citizen winston smith
Damn you are one dumb fuck!
And you think that the people who record temperature data don't
understand that, doofus?
Yeah? And you think they take the heat island effect temp out of the temp reporting, or do you think they tell us the
RAW temps?
Latter.
That's a claim...

...so prove it.
Post by AlleyCat
If so, why do they NEVER tell us on the weather reports, "Hey you out there sweating up a storm in and around
Phoenix... it's hot, but not as hot as we tell you, because of heat island effect."
Weather reports for people on the news are not the same as temperature
recordings for research, Pussey.
citizen winston smith
2024-09-18 15:29:31 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by citizen winston smith
Damn you are one dumb fuck!
And you think that the people who record temperature data don't
understand that, doofus?
Yeah? And you think they take the heat island effect temp out of the
temp reporting, or do you think they tell us the
RAW temps?
Latter.
That's a claim...
...so prove it.
No, it's a fact.

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/explaining-phoenixs-urban-heat-island-phenomenon

Downtown, urban areas tend to have higher emissions due to having more
traffic and vehicles.

We're absorbing more heat during the day thanks to the ground surface,
and that temperature quickly climbs hotter than the surrounding parts of
the Valley.

But there are more factors at play here. Moisture helps to keep things a
bit cooler.

If you've got more concrete, you're going to have less moisture, and
we've got fewer trees in our downtown areas than in more rural parts of
the Valley. More trees equals more shade, and it also means slightly
cooler conditions out there.

In the evening, the concrete, asphalt and buildings downtown retain the
heat from the daytime and slowly release it as the sun goes down.

That means the temperature stays much hotter at night. That's why you'll
see lows in the 80s in some areas and 90s in others.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-phoenix-is-working-to-beat-urban-heat/

Nature’s Cooling Systems (NCS)—a partnership between The Nature
Conservancy, A.S.U. and the Maricopa County Department of Public
Health—is weighing a range of design changes to make neighborhoods safer
and more comfortable.

Shade trees are the most natural solution. In a desert city like
Phoenix, that might mean planting mostly drought-tolerant native trees
that cast light, lacy shadows—and interspersing them with leafier,
thirsty trees where people can congregate, says Guardaro, who is part of
the NCS team. Phoenix is ramping up efforts to meet a 20-year goal set
in 2010 of achieving 25 percent tree canopy coverage, which will reduce
temperatures nearly 8 degrees compared with bare areas.

NCS is also considering architectural measures such as shadow-casting
art pieces that, without the need for water, could beautify barren
neighborhoods, as well as orienting new buildings so they bathe
sidewalks and courtyards in blocks of shade. Architects are additionally
contemplating a return to traditional materials such as adobe as well as
courtyards featuring evaporative cooling towers and trees—which together
could cool buildings by up to 30 degrees—says Maggie Messerschmidt,
urban conservation program manager at The Conservancy’s Arizona chapter.
Solar panels could also be positioned over parking lots, where they
would shield sizzling blacktop and prevent cars from turning into mobile
furnaces, Guardaro says.
Post by Alan
If so, why do they NEVER tell us on the weather reports, "Hey you out
there sweating up a storm in and around
Phoenix... it's hot, but not as hot as we tell you, because of heat island effect."
Weather reports for people on the news are not the same as temperature
recordings for research, Pussey.
You are a MORON!

citizen winston smith
This post is on the money.
citizen winston smith
2024-09-18 15:24:16 UTC
Post by Alan
"...it's [Phoenix is] hotter now for longer than at any time since
humans have been keeping records."
You fucking MORON!
Phoenix is more populated and more asphalted than at any time in its
history.
Damn you are one dumb fuck!
And you think that the people who record temperature data don't
understand that, doofus?
And you have their working climatic corrective factor for urban heat
island effect to share with us?

You got caught with your uneducated ass singing in the pavement wind,
dipshit.
AlleyCat
2024-09-18 04:16:14 UTC
On Tue, 17 Sep 2024 08:11:40 -0700, Alan says...
Post by Alan
"...it's [Phoenix is] hotter now for longer than at any time since
humans have been keeping records."
Oh... you mean that 0.00000039% of Earth time?

MOST of the last 10,000 years has been AS warm or warmer.

The Holocene Climatic Optimum was warmer for 3000 years, not this piddly 174 years since "records" began.

"They have a huge $500 million scientific research lab. So, we're down there and we're talking to all the goof ball
scientists. And he said, um, 13,000 years ago, this was the temperature and 14,000 and 55,000 years ago, it was two
degrees warmer Celsius than it is today. And then you go, what? Stop. 55,000 years ago, it was two degrees warmer than
it is today? And I said, what about global warming. Simultaneously, all 10 scientists start laughing. All 10 PhDs from
MIT, Caltech, Stanford... started laughing. Why'd they laughing? Because global warming is a joke.

https://i.imgur.com/SZ4C2ut.mp4

=====

Canada:

'Worst In The World': Here Are All The Rankings In Which Canada Is Now Last

Most Unaffordable Housing, Highest Cell phone Bills And Worst Rate of Acute Care Beds, To Name A Few

If you spend any time on social media, it's likely that you've seen this
graphic compiled by columnist Stephen Lautens that assembles 11 international
indices which feature Canada near the top spot. "Canada is broken? I don't
think so. Neither does the world," reads a caption.

Next time someone rants on how about how "broken" Canada is; or how badly we
are doing on the international stage... share some facts.

Numbers don't lie, Felicia.

https://archive.is/o/LnFRL/https://twitter.com/DIGuideBradley/status/1554545079314010112

Naturally, it only tells a partial picture. While Canada may dominate abstract
indices such as "quality of life" and "peace," there are plenty of far more
empirical indicators in which we measurably rank as among the worst in the
developed world.

There's plenty to like about Canada, but below is a not-at-all comprehensive
list of all the ways in which we are indeed very broken.

WE HAVE THE MOST UNAFFORDABLE HOUSING IN THE OECD

The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development is essentially a
club of the world's 38 most developed countries. And when these 38 are ranked
against each other for housing unaffordability, Canada emerges as the clear
champion. OECD analysts rank affordability by comparing average home prices to
average incomes, and according to their latest quarterly rankings Canada was
No. 1 for salaries that were most out of whack with the cost of a home.

Housing by price to income ratio for the second quarter of 2022. That's Canada
on the extreme right.

https://archive.is/LnFRL/840da40d6fa3b7fef6fcccdfc1637d24e0786760.webp

WE HAVE THE WORLD'S MOST EXPENSIVE WIRELESS COSTS

Every year, the Finnish telecom analyst Rewheel ranks the world's most
expensive countries for wireless services. And last year, Canada once again
dominated. Across several metrics, Canada was found to be the most expensive
place in the world for mobile data. Analysts found that it would cost the
average Canadian the equivalent of at least 100 Euros to obtain a cell phone
plan with at least 100 gigabytes of mobile data. Across much of the EU, that
kind of cell phone plan could be had for less than 40 Euros.

https://archive.is/LnFRL/822bcfe750687b1ef6288ee7df5606fd15629289.webp

Canadian telecoms charge more than 10 times as much for 100 gigabytes of mobile
data as companies in France or Ireland.

Canadian telecoms charge more than 10 times as much for 100 gigabytes of mobile
data as companies in France or Ireland. Photo by Rewheel

WE HAVE THE LOWEST RATE OF ACUTE CARE BEDS AMONG PEER COUNTRIES

Canada's health system was particularly walloped by COVID-19 due to the simple
fact that most of our hospitals are at the breaking point even in good times.
Multiple times during the pandemic, provinces were forced into shutdown by
rates of COVID that had barely been noticed in better-prepared countries. A
ranking by the Canadian Institute for Health Information provides one clue as
to why. When ranked against peer countries, Canada's rate of per-capita acute
care beds was in last place, albeit tied with Sweden. Canada has two acute care
beds for every 1,000 people, against 3.1 in France and six in Germany.

TWO OF THE PLANET'S "BUBBLIEST" REAL ESTATE MARKETS ARE IN CANADA

For at least 15 years now, Canada has been a regular contender on rankings of
overheated housing markets. And the latest UBS index of world cities with
"bubbly" real estate markets is no exception. In their 2021 index, Toronto was
second only to Frankfurt in terms of bubble risk, while Vancouver ranked sixth.
Aside from Germany, Canada was the only country that saw two of its cities in
the top ten.

https://archive.is/LnFRL/1961e904e18e8cb533ff42c2eae7beb611827bd4.webp

Only two cities in the entire Western Hemisphere qualified as likely "bubble
risks," and they're both in Canada.

Only two cities in the entire Western Hemisphere qualified as likely "bubble
risks," and they're both in Canada. Photo by UBS Global Real Estate Bubble
Index 2021

WE RACKED UP COVID DEBT FASTER THAN ANYONE ELSE

The COVID-19 pandemic ushered in the most feverish global accumulation of debt
in the history of human civilization. So it's rather remarkable that amidst
this international monsoon of debt, Canada still managed to out-debt everyone
else. Last year, analysts at Bloomberg tracked each country's rate of public
and private debt accumulated during the first year of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Canada came in with an overall debt burden equivalent to 352 per cent of GDP.
While a handful of countries (Japan, France and Hong Kong) came out of the
pandemic with higher overall debt burdens, Canada outranked all of them when it
came to how quickly that debt had been accumulated.

Containers on rail cars waiting to be shipped east by rail at the Port of
Vancouver Tuesday, June 21, 2022. Photo by (Photo by Jason Payne/ PNG)

https://archive.is/LnFRL/5b7e25218f55d343b998db94c6748b57312dafaf.webp

THE PORT OF VANCOUVER IS (ALMOST) THE MOST INEFFICIENT IN THE WORLD

Last year - just as the global supply chain crisis got going - the World Bank
decided to rank the performance of the world's 370 major ports. Authors weighed
factors such as how long the ports kept ships waiting, and how long crews took
to unload a vessel. And when everything was added together, the Port of
Vancouver ranked 368 out of 370. The only places with worse scores were the
Port of Los Angeles and the Port of Long Beach. And it's not like our other
ports are much better. If Vancouver is too gummed up, you can always sail north
to Prince Rupert, which ranks 339 out of 370.

https://archive.is/LnFRL/ac861be6fb2f37d1463e7670c232b5cd548d5395.webp

Take that, Los Angeles and Long Beach. Photo by World Bank Group

Queues at Toronto Pearson International Airport. Photo by Peter J.
Thompson/National Post

https://archive.is/LnFRL/b32f7be38081069e5e696a0029996f6f3adaa760.webp

TORONTO PEARSON IS THE WORLD'S MOST-DELAYED AIRPORT

Flight delays are another category in which basically the entire world is
feeling the pinch. And yet, Canada still managed to outdo all of them. Last
month, CNN used data from the website FlightAware to figure out which airports
were seeing the highest rates of flight delays. In the number one spot was
Toronto Pearson, with 52 per cent of all flights out of the airport
experiencing some kind of delay. And it was a commanding lead; the second-place
finisher, Frankfurt, only managed to see 45.4 per cent of its flights delayed.
Toronto was also a contender in flight cancellations; with 6.9 per cent of its
scheduled flights never getting off the ground, it ranked fourth worst in the
world.

WE'RE ONE OF THE WORLD'S WORST ECONOMIES FOR FOREIGN INVESTMENT

A 2020 study out of the University of Calgary tracked foreign investment flows
into a cross-section of developed countries between 2015 and 2019. Virtually
every country on the list saw a surge in foreign cash during that period;
Ireland topped out the ranking thanks to its foreign investment climbing by
more than 115 per cent. Only four countries actually saw a reduction in foreign
investment: Mexico, Brazil, Australia and Canada. A report by the Business
Council of Canada noticed the same trend. "Canada is the second-worst in the
OECD on openness to foreign direct investment," it concluded.

https://archive.is/LnFRL/222c5fba154990485338650dcb55e413d85e080c.webp

WE DRIVE THE MOST FUEL-INEFFICIENT VEHICLES IN THE WORLD

In 2019, the International Energy Agency examined the fuel economy of the
world's private car fleets. On almost every measure, Canada led the pack in
driving unnecessarily huge, gas-guzzling vehicles. Per kilometre driven, the
average Canadian burned more fuel and emitted more carbon dioxide than anyone
else. Canadian cars were also the largest and (second only to the U.S.) the
heaviest. While it would be convenient to blame this on Canada being a sparse,
cold country with lots of heavy industry, our ranking was well beyond plenty of
other countries where that was similarly the case.
Skeeter